Wrestlemania 34

The Phenomenal One

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

But if the women's Battle Royale is on the preshow, will you have the same as what happened last year with the Smackdown Women's Title match. That was announced for the pre-show then a bunch got on social media about how "they deserved" a main card spot. A few days later the match got moved to the main card, which meant that someone else got bumped down to the pre-show*. Did they not "deserve" a spot?

* They never officially said who, but I'm guessing it was Ambrose v Corbin for the IC belt

I juat presumed the Smackdown Womens match had to be on the main show when they realised that Naomi's glow gimmick entrance wouldnt work during the preshow daylight hours.

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

I juat presumed the Smackdown Womens match had to be on the main show when they realised that Naomi's glow gimmick entrance wouldnt work during the preshow daylight hours.

It won't get dark until really late will it? Thinking back to Mania 31, it didn't start getting dark until the last match or so- even then I don't remember it being that dark. Bray Wyatt had to do his entrance in daylight.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

It won't get dark until really late will it? Thinking back to Mania 31, it didn't start getting dark until the last match or so- even then I don't remember it being that dark. Bray Wyatt had to do his entrance in daylight.

That was because it was on the west coast, so the show started mid-afternoon local time. Orlando is three hours ahead of San Jose, so wouldn't have been an issue for Mania last year.  

The SilverDome SuperDome is an indoor stadium, so it wouldn't have any effect on it. I remember last year the SmackDown Women's 6 Pack Challenge was announced for the Kickoff, but I guess they quickly realised Naomi's entrance wouldn't work in daylight. That and her being an Orlando native probably swung it and it switched places with Dean Ambrose v Baron Corbin. I don't think they thought XXXI through on that basis as it only really started getting dark when the main event started.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Jon-Carr_92 said:

The SilverDome SuperDome is an indoor stadium, so it wouldn't have any effect on it. I remember last year the SmackDown Women's 6 Pack Challenge was announced for the Kickoff, but I guess they quickly realised Naomi's entrance wouldn't work in daylight. That and her being an Orlando native probably swung it and it switched places with Dean Ambrose v Baron Corbin. I don't think they thought XXXI through on that basis as it only really started getting dark when the main event started.

I preferred at the time to think it had more to do with Corbin being fucking awful.

43 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I preferred at the time to think it had more to do with Corbin being fucking awful.

Well. If a match had to be dropped, I think it was likely that anyway. But better to be on the Kickoff than the match being cancelled due to match(es) overrunning I suppose.

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

All things considered, a the fact that Wrestlemania is indoors is amongst the most exciting thing about this years show..

Ah man, forgot it was roofed. I really enjoy the 'day into night' aspect of outdoor Manias, gives the show another unique feel.

I’m travelling to New Orleans with a group of non wrestling fans & the appeal of the city is significantly outweighing anyone’s desire to go and see ROH on the Saturday night with me & as such I have one spare ticket to the show (lower tier & central so a really good location). I wondered whether anyone on here may be interested in using it, particularly anyone travelling solo.

I paid for it months ago so not concerned about getting any cash at all (a beer would more than sufffice!) & happy for it to go to a fan who perhaps otherwise wouldn’t have been able to see the show.

Let me know on here or DM me on twitter @steve6utteridge - hope all heading over have a great time! 

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:53 PM, Accident Prone said:

Not only is this my first WrestleMania, it's my first trip to the US aswell and I'm well bloody excited! Flights to New Orleans were way too expensive, so we flying to Houston and spending a weekend there before driving to NOLA. Tickets to WrestleCon, PROGRESS, WWN, Spring Break, NXT and 'Mania are all sorted so all there is to do now is scrimp and save enough cash to cover the ten days. Mighty try and grab a baseball and basketball game too. 

I'm also doing the same ... Have tickets for basketball on 11th April NO Pelicans vs San Antonio Spurs! 

My big conundrum is that I have tickets for NXT and ROH. Havent decided on which to go to yet...

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:15 AM, guts316 said:

I’m travelling to New Orleans with a group of non wrestling fans & the appeal of the city is significantly outweighing anyone’s desire to go and see ROH on the Saturday night with me & as such I have one spare ticket to the show (lower tier & central so a really good location). I wondered whether anyone on here may be interested in using it, particularly anyone travelling solo.

I paid for it months ago so not concerned about getting any cash at all (a beer would more than sufffice!) & happy for it to go to a fan who perhaps otherwise wouldn’t have been able to see the show.

Let me know on here or DM me on twitter @steve6utteridge - hope all heading over have a great time! 

I'm tempted but it would feel too awkward, like a first date. I'd feel obliged to make idle chit-chat because you gave me a ticket. I'd have to be "on".

Archived