Wrestlemania 34

The Phenomenal One

• Paid Members

I just can't fathom how that was the best take they got. Or how they didn't think to edit the few seconds of awkward silence from the start. Makes me think that the amount of time they linger on a wrestler for slightly too long before/after an interview on RAW is a conscious stylistic choice.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Still suffering from the WrestleMania flu after endless delays on flights to get home from New Orleans. (On the plus side, nabbed EUR600 compensation from American Airlines).

Loved WrestleMania being there live, but just about halfway into the Daniel Bryan match the crowd ran out of energy. I was still suffering from jetlag big time. The Charlotte match got insane reactions where I was sitting and everyone went crazy for the result. She's a star. The entrance was top notch and it felt like an event we HAD to see. 

Echoing the love for the mixed tag. Ronda was amazing and its obvious she can be a big deal. Angle looked knackered - but Triple H is still the bloody man. He may well be the best of all time in the way he sells and puts moments over - he makes everything so much better that he's involved in. Equally, Stephanie, with a reason to show some ass for someone made herself into a fantastic heel and then got her comeuppance. The match was amazing and the hot tag to Ronda had everyone going crazy too.

The other huge pops were Cena legging it up the ramp and then the gong for the Undertaker after Elias.

Felt sorry for the girl in front of me in the queue to get in the stadium as they weren't allowing MITB briefcases and she had clearly just bought one. Not sure what happened there but there were plenty of arguments about their bag policy.

Finally, kudos to Troy, the elder lady who was ushering people into their seats in our level at the Superdome, who insisted on taking pictures for everyone with the WrestleMania sign in them. Other ushers were being dicks about it, but she was awesome.

A thoroughly enjoyable and knackering weekend!

Archived