Wrestlemania 34

The Phenomenal One

9 hours ago, FourtyTwo said:

I suggested that they use this to build the match for next year a month or so back, and it was suggested that they'd never leave a fit John Cena off the Wrestlemania card (or at least not have him booked in a match).  They've pulled away from being able to have him try and interfere in a match, starting a heel turn and having Taker make the save, but still think a year-long build would be able to do the match justice.

But, my guess would be that Cena will involve himself in whatever Kid Rock gets to do, which sees Taker come out for a five minute impromptu spot-fest between the two of them, with Taker to win.  Next night, Cena says something along the lines of doing it properly, and we get a build for next year that doesn't require either of them to be around full time!

I was thinking something like during Kid Rock's inevitable medley that he'll perform, Taker comes out on his bike during his entrance music part, and while he does a lap round the ring, Cena crashes it and demands an answer from him and they have a show down.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That actually came to me the other day. Kid Rock is the second musician in the Celebrity Wing and first to have recorded an entrance theme. He did American Bad Ass as well as Legs. Although I much prefer Rollin' which always stuck with me when it came to bikes. Though, yes. Limp Bizkit aren't exactly PG and there's plenty of swears in it. It fuels the theory of him coming out as the American Bad Ass which I've seen people online going with a belief that the ending last year interprets as retiring The Deadman persona. Hence the possibility of ABA having a more ceremonious Last Hoorah considering Kane buried him alive. Have to see where it goes Sunday as I'm readying myself for a long night.

If I may don my "never gonna happen"  hat, what chance Vince gets cold feet on Roman again, has Lesnar go over at mania and then lose to someone else the next night on Raw before he buggers off to UFC for a bit? 

3 minutes ago, hallicks said:

If I may don my "never gonna happen"  hat, what chance Vince gets cold feet on Roman again, has Lesnar go over at mania and then lose to someone else the next night on Raw before he buggers off to UFC for a bit? 

Is it certain that Lesnar goes back to UFC? He's currently suspended, and his suspension has been frozen until he officially announces his return, after which he has to go through all kinds of testing and so on before he even laces up a glove.

According to Dana White on FS1 yesterday, he is on his way back.

Im intrigued to see how it goes down. The crowd will most likely  shit on the whole thing, but what if they do have Lesnar win? If he’s leaving, its just delaying the inevitable and in the process they’ll have bottled it again and Reigns will be completely fucked as a result. You’ve got to think that the plan will prevail and Reigns gets a proper run with the belt. Whether that’s as a face or a heel remains to be seen. 

54 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

According to Dana White on FS1 yesterday, he is on his way back.

Im intrigued to see how it goes down. The crowd will most likely  shit on the whole thing, but what if they do have Lesnar win? If he’s leaving, its just delaying the inevitable and in the process they’ll have bottled it again and Reigns will be completely fucked as a result. You’ve got to think that the plan will prevail and Reigns gets a proper run with the belt. Whether that’s as a face or a heel remains to be seen. 

I can't stop thinking that Heyman is going to screw Brock exactly as he did as Survivor Series 2002 and align with Reigns. Also the fact those two are the only ones to beat Taker at WM will be another boast for Heyman - they've both been his guys.

I'm only halfway through this long behind-the-scenes look at Shinsuke Nakamura's journey from the Royal Rumble to now... but it's a terrific window into his mindset and embracing of being a WWE superstar in 2018. I keep forgetting this is something WWE have put together. It's making me fall in love with Nakamura all over again, must-watch if you're a fan.

• Paid Members

We're not far away now, I have to say I'm excited for the whole weekend, as I always am at this time of year. I love 'Mania season. The Hall of Fame tonight should be a lot of fun, especially Jarrett being inducted by Road Dogg, and Mark Henry and The Big Show should have some good stories. 

I don't follow NXT week to week, but I don't need to in order to know that it's a guarantee I'll have 2.5 hours of great wrestling action to watch on Sunday morning. I expect both the ladder match and the main event to be great. 

I'm pretty sure Lesnar Vs Reigns is going on last, but they could equally go with the Rousey match and I wouldn't be surprised if Vince and co. are going back and forth on it right up until tomorrow evening. 

Lesnar Vs Reigns, Styles Vs Nakamura, Bryan/Shane Vs Owens and Zayn, and the Smackdown Tag titles match are bound to all deliver great matches, so at least four really good matches plus loads of other stuff to round out the card, as well as whatever we may end up getting with Cena Vs The Undertaker. I can't see it not being a really good show, unless they completely shit the brick with daft finishes and mismanaging the time allowances of certain matches and segments. 

• Paid Members

Any more idea who Strowman's partner is going to be? I was half joking that it might be Alexa given how great they've been on the Mixed Match Challenge.

Archived