Wrestlemania 34

The Phenomenal One

So I guess with them doing TakeOver: Brooklyn V that weekend effectively confirms SummerSlam 2019 will be moving on. Some rumours of an MLB stadium much like the Royal Rumble next year. I personally liked the idea of them making it resident to a certain arena for a few years like how it was at the Staples Center between 2009 and 2014. Wonder where they'll end up going next.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Wrestlemania 35 has been announced for New York. On my wedding anniversary. As I got married in New York, this could be a genuine opportunity.

How difficult are tickets to come by?

Do travel packages offer the best way of buying?

Packages take away the stress of it all but at a higher cost, although you will still need to be on the ball when they go on sale.

If you want to pay less but go through ticketmaster releases every couple of months for Mania, Raw, Smackdown, NXT which can be stressful then thats your option. 

Mania will be the easiest ticket, Brooklyn is always a sell out and 100% will be on mania weekend so personally think Raw/NXT especially will be the big challenge, both will sell out in minutes and prices will be high on the secondary market. Personally for a first time mania goer and the fact its New York(ish) I would go for the package and pay that little bit more knowing you got all your tickets.

Also the Brooklyn centre has good views pretty much everywhere (first tiers are good) and will be electric, you will love that.

• Paid Members

So the 'Mania card is looking like this;

Universal Title

Brock Lesnar Vs Roman Reigns

WWE Title

AJ Styles Vs Shinsuke Nakamura

Ronda Rousey/Kurt Angle Vs HHH & Stephanie

IC Title

Miz Vs Balor Vs Rollins

US Title

Orton Vs Mahal Vs Roode

Raw Tag Titles

The Bar Vs Strowman & TBA

Raw Women's Title 

Alex Bliss Vs Nia Jax

Smackdown Women's Title

Charlotte Vs Asuka

Women's Battle Royal

Men's Battle Royal

Cruiserweight Title

Cedric Alexander Vs ???

And yet to be announced but possibly. . .

Smackdown Tag Titles

Uso's Vs The New Day Vs 2B

John Cena Vs The Undertaker

Daniel Bryan & Shane McMahon Vs Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn.

That's 14 matches if all get confirmed and go ahead. I can't see there being anymore than that and that should be the maximum, all being well. To me that looks like a really well put together card, with a little something for everyone, and most matches feeling a little bit different. I expect there will be some No DQ stipulations added to at least one of the top matches (either Cena/Taker, Roman/Brock or the Daniel Bryan tag match).

• Paid Members

US Title (again), Cruiserweight and one or both of the battle royals on the pre-show, one would presume. I don't think it matters to the US title match whether Randy is on there or not, I doubt it would affect his Mania payday and seeing as it's all on the network together, I don't think it matters quite as much if you're on the pre-show.

Can't see the Smackdown tag titles getting dropped to the pre-show, not with New Day involved. WWE were so desperate to have them on the main show last year, even without them being in the title picture or feuding with anyone, that they had them host the event.

If the four matches I mentioned are those selected for the pre-show, then the main show looks bloody lip-smacking doesn't it? What a line-up. All killer, no filler. I'm invested in every single main card match.

3 Matches on the pre-show sounds about right. Cruiserweight Title is on the pre-show for sure. I reckon it will be that, The Smackdown Tag Team Title match (which sucks for The Usos because they've been great over the last year or so) and The Andre battle Royale as the last match before the main show starts. I'd have thought that they would have build the Andre match up a bit more with that HBO documentary coming in April. I'm not saying its perfect, I just looking at that card thats what it will end up being. I doubt that the US Title will be on there because I can't picture Orton being happy with working the pre-show and with them pushing for the womens matches more and more i can't see them leaving that off the main card. 

• Awards Moderator

If anyone cared about 205 Live still, there's a spoiler in that line-up, @WeeAl.

I really, really, really hope the Usos don't get bumped to the preshow. I'm genuinely really invested in them finally getting on a WrestleMania card, and I just don't understand what else they have to do to achieve it at this point. Battle royals, Cruisers and US Title on the preshow and I'd be very happy indeed at the main show line-up.

Here's a thing - if Roman and Brock goes on last, it'll mean Roman Reigns is the only person other than Hulk Hogan to have main evented more than three consecutive WrestleManias.

I think the fact they've explicitly referenced The Uso's not being on Mania before in their promo work recently means they're definitely getting on this year. Either that, or they'll use it to further an angle after the fact. But I think they'll get the nod.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

If anyone cared about 205 Live still, there's a spoiler in that line-up, @WeeAl.

I really, really, really hope the Usos don't get bumped to the preshow. I'm genuinely really invested in them finally getting on a WrestleMania card, and I just don't understand what else they have to do to achieve it at this point. Battle royals, Cruisers and US Title on the preshow and I'd be very happy indeed at the main show line-up.

Here's a thing - if Roman and Brock goes on last, it'll mean Roman Reigns is the only person other than Hulk Hogan to have main evented more than three consecutive WrestleManias.

Thanks for letting me know HG, I don't watch the show myself so I hadn't realised that was the case. I'm sorry if it spoiled it for anybody before I had the chance to amend it. 

On 3/9/2018 at 7:16 AM, Chribolski said:

So! 

It's getting incredibly close to the show, and I'm still extremely nervous about attending alone, as I feel like I'm gonna be a billy no mates all week and be cooped up in my room when no wrestling stuff is happening, i'm not really a frequent poster here, as I mostly signed up to see what other folk were doing for Wrestlemania and to try and make friends, but I've sorta procrastinated on it and I'm pretty much in the same position I was in when I first got my tickets in November.

Is anyone aware of any gatherings occurring over there? Anyone willing to hang out with a daft Manc fella? Any advice or help would be appreciated! 

Sorry if I sound a bit of a sadact, I'm pretty loud once I know people but it's the whole icebreaking schtick that gets me.

I'm gonna be Paddy-no mates, flying over from Dublin and going to heaps of WWE and indy shows so if you fancy a cold one and some wrasslin yarns do drop me a line!

3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

US Title (again), Cruiserweight and one or both of the battle royals on the pre-show, one would presume. I don't think it matters to the US title match whether Randy is on there or not, I doubt it would affect his Mania payday and seeing as it's all on the network together, I don't think it matters quite as much if you're on the pre-show.

Can't see the Smackdown tag titles getting dropped to the pre-show, not with New Day involved. WWE were so desperate to have them on the main show last year, even without them being in the title picture or feuding with anyone, that they had them host the event.

If the four matches I mentioned are those selected for the pre-show, then the main show looks bloody lip-smacking doesn't it? What a line-up. All killer, no filler. I'm invested in every single main card match.

I'm guessing it'll be the WrestleMania Women's Battle Royal on the Kickoff. I think as the Andre one has alternated every year with its position since it was introduced, it'll be that. Plus it makes sense as they've been promoting that documentary as it works for some publicity for that. It does look very interesting. 4 matches would be a lot in terms of the preshow, but it'll likely depend how strectched for time they estimate they'll be this year.

But if the women's Battle Royale is on the preshow, will you have the same as what happened last year with the Smackdown Women's Title match. That was announced for the pre-show then a bunch got on social media about how "they deserved" a main card spot. A few days later the match got moved to the main card, which meant that someone else got bumped down to the pre-show*. Did they not "deserve" a spot?

* They never officially said who, but I'm guessing it was Ambrose v Corbin for the IC belt

Archived