Wrestlemania 34

The Phenomenal One

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

So! 

It's getting incredibly close to the show, and I'm still extremely nervous about attending alone, as I feel like I'm gonna be a billy no mates all week and be cooped up in my room when no wrestling stuff is happening, i'm not really a frequent poster here, as I mostly signed up to see what other folk were doing for Wrestlemania and to try and make friends, but I've sorta procrastinated on it and I'm pretty much in the same position I was in when I first got my tickets in November.

Is anyone aware of any gatherings occurring over there? Anyone willing to hang out with a daft Manc fella? Any advice or help would be appreciated! 

Sorry if I sound a bit of a sadact, I'm pretty loud once I know people but it's the whole icebreaking schtick that gets me.

I have said this before but when I went to 32 there were loads doing it alone and you easily get talking to people and making friends. All depends on what shows/events you are doing as well but the majority of the time in queues etc you will get talking. If your a drinker then you may end up going to bars etc. 

I honestly wouldn't have anything to worry about. I am aware of a few facebook groups (UK ones) that might be worth looking at as others are also doing it alone. 

The whole place will be full of wrestling fans with the same thing in common....I wouldn't worry at all, you will have a blast. 

On 09/03/2018 at 7:16 AM, Chribolski said:

So! 

It's getting incredibly close to the show, and I'm still extremely nervous about attending alone, as I feel like I'm gonna be a billy no mates all week and be cooped up in my room when no wrestling stuff is happening, i'm not really a frequent poster here, as I mostly signed up to see what other folk were doing for Wrestlemania and to try and make friends, but I've sorta procrastinated on it and I'm pretty much in the same position I was in when I first got my tickets in November.

Is anyone aware of any gatherings occurring over there? Anyone willing to hang out with a daft Manc fella? Any advice or help would be appreciated! 

Sorry if I sound a bit of a sadact, I'm pretty loud once I know people but it's the whole icebreaking schtick that gets me.

I wouldnt worry. When i went i got friendly with a group from Leeds, wherever there was wrestling they were there so it was natural to hang out with them. In the evenings i went out looking for girls. Fun times. Youll love it, new orleans is my favourite place in usa ive been to. 

Chubby blokes who smell bad, have scraggly facial hair that hasn't been shaved in months and are wearing TAP OUT t-shirts, wrestling fans in general, aren't the most selective when it comes to choosing friends I'd hazard a guess to say.

I never understood why people can't go to events on their own.

You can have casual conversations with people that happen in an organic way. Why create the pressure on yourself of trying to find a group of people who have everything perfectly in common with you?

It's not going to happen.

Just be thankful you have your own schedule and don't have to fit yours to suit someone else's.

Last year a few of us got a Kik group going and met up for some beers. I’m going by myself, as I did last time- it’s very easy to get to meet other wrestling fans (I’m meeting up with many Americans I met last year.) That said, if anyone wants to meet up over the weekend I’d be game!

I went to Mania 30 on my own and had the best time ever. Time's completely your own so you can do whatever whenever, and pretty much anyone you bump into will most likely be in town for the wrestling so you'll have something in common with anyone you might want to strike up a conversation with. If you fill in the gaps between the main shows with indy stuff or Axxess or whatever you'll probably find there isn't much spare time to get bored sat in your room. There'll always be something going on though, especially in the centre of town/French Quarter where most of the big hotels (and "entertainment") are. Just go for a wander and take in the atmosphere, it's not every day you find yourself in an entire city full of wrestling fans (which wasn't anywhere near as unpleasant as that might sound). If you do get a spare morning or afternoon, a swamp tour might be a fun way to pass a bit of time. Audubon Park is good for a walk, and you can head back towards town past all the big fancy mansions on St Charles Avenue. I think I've just made myself want to go to Mania this year.

The only thing I might suggest being wary of is heading out of town alone at night, as there were a fair few shady characters hanging around. Get a taxi to be on the safe side, and make sure they drop you off right outside the venue. Definitely don't let the driver get bored of waiting in traffic and tell you to walk the rest of the way through a run down load of shacks and alleyways when you don't know where you're going and you've only got a few percent of battery left on your phone...

Dear Wrestling fans,

I hope this message finds you well. My friends and I were going to Wrestlemania 34 and we got everything planned. But we cannot go due to personal reasons and we would like to sell our packages and tickets. Two of us bought the Mardi Gras package, which includes:

- NXT Takeover: Floor A, Row 4, Seats 6 and 7.

- Wrestlemania: Floor A, Row 4, Seats 3 and 4.

- RAW: Floor A, Row 4, Seats 5 and 6.

- Smackdown: Floor G, Row 2, Seats 12 and 13.

- Hall of Fame: Floor H, Row 4, Seats 9 and 10.

- 5 night hotel reservation.

- 2 x Meet and Greet Session 1:  Thursday 4/5 - Goldberg - 8pm-10pm.

- 2 x Meet and Greet Session 2:  Sunday 4/8 -  Daniel Bryan - 8am-10am.

- 2 x Mardi Gras Experience Tour with WWE Superstars. 

- 2 x Exclusive Reception with WWE Superstarts Prior to NXT Takeover.  

In addition, our friend bought a Wrestlemania ticket: Section 143R, Row E, Seat 22.

Please do spread the word for anyone interested in buying these. For more information regarding the packages and the ticket please do not hesitate to message me and I am pleased to answer your questions. 

Archived