Wrestlemania 34

The Phenomenal One

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Alright boys, new to the forum and mainly signed up as I'm planning to go to Wrestlemania again this year, I went to 33 and it's probably the best thing I've ever done, so I thought I'd follow it up with another go this year, except.... I will be going alone this time, and I'm kinda nervous about it, cause at the moment I fear I'm gonna be sat in the Travelodge outside of Axxess/NXT/Mania/Raw cause I won't know where to go, and I'm pretty shy so I may not end up making any mates whilst I'm at there for fear I'll get told to do one. 

It's also kind of a spur of the moment thing, because last year, I just saved up and gave my friend who I went with, the money and she sorted it all. I'm bobbins and I'm really bad at planning, but I've got a credit card (Don't worry, I'm responsible with paying things back, just not so great at saving.) and plan on sorting it out this week when the tickets go on sale. I've seen a relatively cheap Travelodge that isn't too far from the Stadium. and I'm just looking for advice, any word on meetups or even stuff like things to do, where to stay, where not to stay, I know some parts of NOLA are rough, which is not saying much, as I'm from the urban utopia known as Salford. 

Other than that, happy to be on the forum and hope I can contribute to other stuff that this!

I wouldn't worry about going alone, I met loads who did it alone at 32 and you get to meet people practically everywhere as the whole place will be full of wrestling fans the weekend. You will be fine in that respect. I can't talk about the area or hotels but think this Mania is one of the few where everything is walking distance. 

1 hour ago, Chribolski said:

Alright boys, new to the forum and mainly signed up as I'm planning to go to Wrestlemania again this year, I went to 33 and it's probably the best thing I've ever done, so I thought I'd follow it up with another go this year, except.... I will be going alone this time, and I'm kinda nervous about it, cause at the moment I fear I'm gonna be sat in the Travelodge outside of Axxess/NXT/Mania/Raw cause I won't know where to go, and I'm pretty shy so I may not end up making any mates whilst I'm at there for fear I'll get told to do one. 

It's also kind of a spur of the moment thing, because last year, I just saved up and gave my friend who I went with, the money and she sorted it all. I'm bobbins and I'm really bad at planning, but I've got a credit card (Don't worry, I'm responsible with paying things back, just not so great at saving.) and plan on sorting it out this week when the tickets go on sale. I've seen a relatively cheap Travelodge that isn't too far from the Stadium. and I'm just looking for advice, any word on meetups or even stuff like things to do, where to stay, where not to stay, I know some parts of NOLA are rough, which is not saying much, as I'm from the urban utopia known as Salford. 

Other than that, happy to be on the forum and hope I can contribute to other stuff that this!

I wouldn't worry about anything.  I went this year by myself after going before with other people and I hate talking to people I don't know, but I managed to buddy up with a few people which was great for travelling between events and having company at some shows.  If you don't venture far out of the city centre in New Orleans you'll be perfectly fine and you shouldn't need to really.  The place we stayed last time was a 30 minute walk from Canal Street, but even that was fine.  New Orleans is a great place.

23 hours ago, Chribolski said:

Wouldn't worry about it i went solo last year and had a great time met a few guys from here as well.Going again this year solo so hoping for more of the same 

• Paid Members

New Orleans is ideal for the WrestleMania experience really. Walking distance from the party district to the stadium and arena. Only the WWN venue seems to be miles away from anything, again.

• Paid Members

Tickets purchased, flights booked, hotel booked. I found that booking British Airways 'flight plus car' made the flight cheaper than it would have been by standard - granted you wont need the car for NOLA, but it also gives you the ability to book using a deposit and pay it off...

Archived