It's today then ... (Trump thread)

mikehoncho

The whole Guiliani thing was just such a perfect, beautiful moment of absolute madness. 

What a way to find out Biden had won it, stood there rambling in a car park like the guy outside your tent at six in the morning whose still coming up on pills, blathering on about Joe Frazier voting from the grave a stone's throw from a sex shop because your team booked the wrong Four Seasons, Philadelphia PA. 

• Paid Members

New York Times reckons Guiliani and co booked there deliberately because it was the only place they could find available in Philly that would take the booking and wouldn't be overrun by anti-Trump crowds making noise. The problem was that Trump assumed it was the hotel.

• Paid Members

Did he really try to make a Fresh Prince of Bel Air joke? What the fuck? Where my Agnostic Front album gone. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

It’s like that scene in Tim Burton’s Batman when the Joker releases his nerve gas

Creepy evil fucks like this guy are good explanations of why Americans vote Trump. This guy is clearly a nightmarish ghoul but he's also probably the biggest, most successful and influential 'megachurch' leader in the country, has millions of followers and a personal wealth of $500m. He believes in a certain type of Christian belief that those who are wealthy are wealthy because they've been blessed by God and being rich is proof your a good Christian. He's exploited his followers clearly and obviously for years to buy himself mansions and private jets. His evil is so obvious but not to his huge number of fans, and they all vote Trump.

• Paid Members

Prosperity gospel really is the only logical conclusion of the conflating of America and Christianity that I was talking about a few days ago; a complete butchering of anything even tangentially related to Christianity, because it's been bent into shape to fit the arch-capitalist myth of the American dream.

I always find it mind-boggling that practicing Christians would vote for Trump, but when you can stretch your definition of Christian to the point that it's almost the polar opposite of any of Christ's teachings, what difference does it make?

14 minutes ago, King of Hamptons said:

This is the reason I'm not religious,  too many people twist religion to suit themselves. 

That's a rather odd reason not to be religious. For every schmuck who's scamming people, acting all homophobic with their hotels, or even killing people because of their own good book there's many more who follow their religion in peace and without causing anyone any grief.