Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Rock was completely out of his element, plus he didn't have Gerwitz there to write his jokes for him.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t he bring Gewirtz with him when he came back? I’m sure I read that somewhere. My understanding is that Gewirtz has been writing and working for The Rock for years now.

Not that it matters and the point still remains though. Whether it was The Rock or Gewirtz writing it you’re absolutely correct that the product had moved on massively since their heyday and they badly floundered in the new shooty~! pseudo-rap-battle style WWE promos had become.

Ultimately though, I think it actually helped that The Rock stumbled a bit in that feud. It helped raise Cena up when he was able to rinse him a couple of times and genuinely feel like the bigger star and cooler character.

It happening that way was so perfect that you’d almost think they did in on purpose and the end goal for The Rock writing shit on his palm or coming across like a cringey dickhead was to purposely give Cena a leg up. But then, one look at The Rock’s social media reveals that’s just what he’s like these days. Seems a lovely chap, but fucking hell if he isn’t the cringiest self-help guru imaginable.

Edited by Supremo

One of the worst Rock moments of his recent comebacks was that one where he was really wired up, interrupting Miz' promo by telling him to valet his car, upsetting Show by admitting (17/18 years late) that Show won the 2000 Rumble and should have had the role as the Scorpion King, causing Show to snap his laptop in half and brazenly hinting that he and Lana slept together after the Raw where he buried Rusev. Just wildly out of character and utter shite

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

upsetting Show by admitting (17/18 years late) that Show won the 2000 Rumble and should have had the role as the Scorpion King, causing Show to snap his laptop in half

To be fair, I thought this specific bit was genuinely funny. 

• Paid Members

I ran a sweepstake on the 2000 Rumble in sixth form (doing things like this was how I acquired the nickname Statto) and I pulled number 24, which turned out to be the Rock. That would have been controversial enough but boy did it kick off over the "he didn't actually win" issue. I kept the pot, mind.

I then ran one for the 2000 KOTR which turned into an utter damp squib when 1 guy bought 3 of the 16 entries and ended up with 3 of the 4 who made it to the PPV.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Statto said:

I ran a sweepstake on the 2000 Rumble in sixth form (doing things like this was how I acquired the nickname Statto) and I pulled number 24, which turned out to be the Rock. That would have been controversial enough but boy did it kick off over the "he didn't actually win" issue. I kept the pot, mind.

I then ran one for the 2000 KOTR which turned into an utter damp squib when 1 guy bought 3 of the 16 entries and ended up with 3 of the 4 who made it to the PPV.

Could we not do that somehow as we have all the normal rumble threads and comps running . Chip in £1/2, winner gets half and half goes to a charity? 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Could we not do that somehow as we have all the normal rumble threads and comps running . Chip in £1/2, winner takes all. 

Fixed it for you. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

To be honest I was thinking of a specific type of charity given some of the goings on here over the last 6 months, but I'd go for a winner take all. 

I just don't know enough about how easy it is to send small amounts without the fees, but if there's a solution and there's interest I think it would be worth doing. 

• Paid Members

Every single fucking Trumpcunt comes out with this "check the records for yourself, don't just listen to what people say" - WE DID CHECK THE RECORDS, YOU FUCKHEAD. He's on the record as a racist piece of shit who wouldn't have black people as accountants because he thinks only Jews can do the job, wouldn't have black tenants in his properties, continued to go after the Central Park Five long after they were found not guilty in a court of law, and calls other countries "shitholes".

Cretinous cunt.