Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Completely forgot about that brief little spell when Owen Hart was using that sitout Tombstone piledriver after SummerSlam 97.

On Flash Funk;

3A189CC2-FE88-4DA1-A439-180307100C49.gif

And Dan Severn;

594BB1B0-0808-4C2D-8607-EFB72E401C39.gif

And the Severn one must’ve been close to a year after the Austin injury because Owen’s got the old Nation outfit. Surprised they risked it again. Were there any other matches he used it in or was this it? 

Edited by wandshogun09

15 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Completely forgot about that brief little spell when Owen Hart was using that sitout Tombstone piledriver after SummerSlam 97.

On Flash Funk;

3A189CC2-FE88-4DA1-A439-180307100C49.gif

And Dan Severn;

594BB1B0-0808-4C2D-8607-EFB72E401C39.gif

And the Severn one must’ve been close to a year after the Austin injury because Owen’s got the old Nation outfit. Surprised they risked it again. Were there any other matches he used it in or was this it? 

The Severn one was done on purpose as part of the angle where he "injured" dan using the same move that made him want to retire. Steve Austin was....unthrilled about the angle as no one told him.

I do remember Owen using it when he was teaming with Koko years before this but cant for life of me remember the PPV, maybe a rumble?

3 hours ago, Chasingamymatt said:

The Severn one was done on purpose as part of the angle where he "injured" dan using the same move that made him want to retire. Steve Austin was....unthrilled about the angle as no one told him.

I do remember Owen using it when he was teaming with Koko years before this but cant for life of me remember the PPV, maybe a rumble?

Think the only PPV that High Energy would’ve been on together would’ve been Survivor Series 92

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Chasingamymatt said:

For a company that always used to protect finishers so much I never understood why they even let Owen do a move so similar to the Tombstone in the first place. Especially one so clearly dangerous too.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Chono broke his neck on that one too, didn't he?

He did indeed, which is apparently why Austin was so against the spot when Owen initially proposed it and insisted he drop to his knees. 

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members

So, for those of you with wrestling training, who exactly was at fault for the botched Austin piledriver? 

Is it a case of crossed wires when laying out the match(I've seen somewhere that Austin thought Owen was pillocking him when he mentioned he wanted to do the sit down variant), or did Austin make a fuck up by tucking his head? 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

So, for those of you with wrestling training, who exactly was at fault for the botched Austin piledriver? 

Is it a case of crossed wires when laying out the match(I've seen somewhere that Austin thought Owen was pillocking him when he mentioned he wanted to do the sit down variant), or did Austin make a fuck up by tucking his head? 

Can't speak as an expert on the first question but on the main point the general narrative I've always heard was just that, Austin said no to sitting out with it, having particular concern given his injury to Chono, and thought Owen was dicking him about insisting he would. As a result Austin was too low and didn't nuzzle his face into Owen's junk like Seven is in the above pics. 

Apparently Owen never apologised and it pissed Austin off to the point they would work together but it was all business. Austin was pissed at the Owen 3:16 shirt too, went fucking mental at vince over it IIRC. 

Edited by Tommy!