Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I went to watch a Fight Forever show in Liverpool last night, which was a massive eye opener in regards to the local wrestling scene.  

Growing up in north west Wales, as regards to local wrestling most of the biggest UK promotions don't visit the area apart from Welsh Wrestling and Orig Williams' tribute shows back in the day. As a result, I've always been a little sceptical of what people saw in the UK scene but was massively impressed by the talent on show.  

Current WWE doesn’t interest me and I only catch Impact when I can, but last night’s Liverpool show reminded me of how fun live wrestling can and should be.

Kudos to everyone on the card, will make sure to catch more live shows.

Edited by garynysmon

Went to the Fight Forever show in Birmingham.  

Godfather was doing the pre show meet and greet as Papa Shango, and then did a skit in the ring (and hosted the post show party) as Godfather.  

So I went to the bog during the second or third match, and he was in there.   Some absolute berk gets all excited and starts quoting his old prematch preamble to him IN THE FUCKING GENTS.    .  

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Doctor Whos Next said:

Went to the Fight Forever show in Birmingham.  

Godfather was doing the pre show meet and greet as Papa Shango, and then did a skit in the ring (and hosted the post show party) as Godfather.  

So I went to the bog during the second or third match, and he was in there.   Some absolute berk gets all excited and starts quoting his old prematch preamble to him IN THE FUCKING GENTS.    .  

At Bristol he came out and was doing a bit asking for volunteers to audition for the ho train. Obviously only men offered. He asked the first one what qualified him to join. The answer:

"I know where to find the actual hoes round here."

1 hour ago, King of Hamptons said:

I'm just watching Backlash from 2002... We never did get that Austin Vs Hogan match did we.... Shame... 

If you watch the raw on 11/3/2002 Hulk,Nash and hall take on the Rock and Austin in a handicap match. It's not long however Austin and Hogan share the same ring.

They also have that brilliant segment to begin mania 30

I know we didn't get the singles match at mania or at any other time but you have to look at what we did get.

• Paid Members

Hogan & Austin would have been shit. Both had such an ego neither would look to concede to the other or mentality to subvert it to get the upper hand. By 02 Hogan was 12 years past his best and 4 to 5 years past his Indian summer playing off a good gimmick. Austin was on the decline of his ringwork due to injuries, was in a shit frame of mind and had a character that no longer was the epitome of popular culture idealism and didn't seem to like giving up his spot. 

I can't see anything with the two being anything more than a disappointment at best and shitty at worst. It would have been more backlash and judgement day than Wrestlemania 18 or KOTR because I don't see either letting it be their best or making the most of it. 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

This is quite a WWE run.

DuLoIqSWkAAlB7T.jpg

EC3 told this story on a highspots interview. The guy barely showed up for training and when he did, he didn’t care. From what I remember, he wanted the $60,000 plus a contract without the non compete clause. Which he got because they really wanted that nickname for the one Undertaker match. He played them well. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, TheBurningRed said:

EC3 told this story on a highspots interview. The guy barely showed up for training and when he did, he didn’t care. From what I remember, he wanted the $60,000 plus a contract without the non compete clause. Which he got because they really wanted that nickname for the one Undertaker match. He played them well. 

I think WWE played him better. Gave him what he wanted so they could get what they wanted, and as soon as they had it future endeavoured him.