Paid Members tiger_rick Posted December 20, 2018 Paid Members Posted December 20, 2018 '89 Rumble. Monsoon: "Hulkster's been out there for a half hour" Jesse: "No he has not, he got our there about 5 minutes ago" Monsoon: "No he did not" He'd been in ten mins exactly. Lying Gorilla.
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted December 20, 2018 Paid Members Posted December 20, 2018 It's a shame Gorilla Monsoon never wrote an autobiography, because what I have realised this week is that it would have been even more hyperbolic and inaccurate than Hogan's was.
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted December 20, 2018 Paid Members Posted December 20, 2018 It would have been incredible. I always loved his commentary because he'd make up things that made everything seem real but I wonder how much of that was him taking a shot at people. Like in the '89 Rumble when Axe gets tossed out and Monsoon suggests it's because he ran out of gas. Is that him trying to enhance the story or taking a shot at the guys age and condition? I'd imagine a book would have been filled with bitchy barbs and outright bullshit.
Paid Members Tommy! Posted December 20, 2018 Paid Members Posted December 20, 2018 "In 1974 I was catching the New York train from New Jersey station. It was very crowded; I found myself in a last-minute rush for the one remaining seat beside a tall, good-looking man with collar-length hair, it was the seventies; buckaroo! I looked up and saw it was none other than Peter Maivia, it was the height of his wrestling career. He said, "You jammy bastard" and quick as a flash, I replied, "Don't be so-moan-in Peter!" Needless to say the place went bananas as they were literally hanging from the rafters."
Paid Members Your Fight Site Posted December 20, 2018 Paid Members Posted December 20, 2018 1 hour ago, Tommy! said: "In 1974 I was catching the New York train from New Jersey station. It was very crowded; I found myself in a last-minute rush for the one remaining seat beside a tall, good-looking man with collar-length hair, it was the seventies; buckaroo! I looked up and saw it was none other than Peter Maivia, it was the height of his wrestling career. He said, "You jammy bastard" and quick as a flash, I replied, "Don't be so-moan-in Peter!" Needless to say the place went bananas as they were literally hanging from the rafters." Will you stop.
returner82 Posted December 20, 2018 Posted December 20, 2018 3 hours ago, tiger_rick said: It would have been incredible. I always loved his commentary because he'd make up things that made everything seem real but I wonder how much of that was him taking a shot at people. Like in the '89 Rumble when Axe gets tossed out and Monsoon suggests it's because he ran out of gas. Is that him trying to enhance the story or taking a shot at the guys age and condition? I'd imagine a book would have been filled with bitchy barbs and outright bullshit. Given that he said Hulk had been in there for a good half hour and it was only ten minutes, he must've thought Ax had been in there for 45!
Project Nim Posted December 21, 2018 Posted December 21, 2018 Due to camera phones you never get the multiple flashes of cameras when there’s a big move these days. Modern life isn’t all progress.
Paid Members bAzTNM#1 Posted December 21, 2018 Paid Members Posted December 21, 2018 Erik Watts as a heel in 1992 would have been gold. Not following his Dad's WCW rules. Maybe laying his dad out with a punch or something. It would have been great.
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted December 21, 2018 Paid Members Posted December 21, 2018 20 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said: Full Sailors They should put Naval uniforms on Kassius Ohno and Keith Lee and have them as the tag team The Full Sailors. Show vignettes of them polishing off a big dinner then piloting a boat around a harbour. Possibly have a pirate tag team feud with them.
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted December 21, 2018 Paid Members Posted December 21, 2018 Double post!
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted December 21, 2018 Paid Members Posted December 21, 2018 Triple post!
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted December 21, 2018 Paid Members Posted December 21, 2018 The 2 minute gaps in the 1991 Royal Rumble are impressively legit.
Paid Members air_raid Posted December 21, 2018 Paid Members Posted December 21, 2018 6 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said: Erik Watts as a heel in 1992 would have been gold. Not following his Dad's WCW rules. Maybe laying his dad out with a punch or something. It would have been great. Pretty sure that would have super-faced him. The rules were shit.
Loki Posted December 21, 2018 Posted December 21, 2018 Aah, Erik Watts. That name brings back memories of early TNA, which was a bit like the Wild West in those days. I remember Watts being pushed HARD and having a match with Don Callis over control of TNA, which he lost. I was always a sucker for anyone with a wCw background.
Armitage Shanks Posted December 21, 2018 Posted December 21, 2018 How random is the new WWE 19 advert - Kane & Sting knocking about together and pestering someone to play.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.