Jump to content

Random Thoughts III.


PowerButchi

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

I particularly liked it when he gave wrestler's shit for their technique during matches. Gorilla being renowned for his airtight technical prowess.  

In the aforementioned Colossal Jostle show, he's burying Scott McGee's forearms throughout the match for no apparent reason, 'they just don't have any snap on them like Les Thornton's do'. Next up he's complaining about SD Jones' inability to perform better move combinations than repeated headbutt's. This is before we get to 100 instances of him telling people to hook the leg when going for a pin (probably). 

  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

It may just be in comparison to Art Donovan, but I was actually really impressed with Savage on commentary on that show, though. I always had it in mind that he was a bit too overbearing a commentator, but he's really good at getting the drama of the matches across, especially the Lawler/Piper match.

I quite liked Savage on colour commentary as well during that time. Especially enjoyed the 3 man team at the 1993 KOTR with Savage, Jim Ross and Bobby Heenan. That’s a combination that sounds like it wouldn’t work but I really liked it. Might be just me though as I don’t think they used that team again. 

Oh and while we’re discussing Art Donovan;

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
16 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

KOTR '93 is JR calling Dayton, Ohio the heartland of America about 8000 times.

True but that was somewhat counterbalanced for me by the arena being called The Nutter Centre, which was hilarious to 8 year old me. 

Posted

OSW Review reviewed KOTR 93 earlier this week. Apparently Dayton was considered a “B City” at the time, and they didn’t want their new PPV to look lowrent so they referred to Dayton itself as little as possible, kind of like when they held Crown Jewel there last month

Posted

I had the same mask, purchased at a Thunder taping in Manchester in 2000. I never wore it, it sat on a polystyrene head on top of my wardrobe for 15 years until I binned it.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, rollthedice said:

I had the same mask, purchased at a Thunder taping in Manchester in 2000. I never wore it, it sat on a polystyrene head on top of my wardrobe for 15 years until I binned it.

If I woke up with one of them on top of my wardrobe, I’d be thinking the ghost of Jacko was about to jump on me. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

My Gorilla Monsoon adventure continues to get worse, in what might be the most inaccurate statement in wrestling commentary history.

"What a treat this is for all the fans here in Madison Square Gardens" says Gorilla, as Uncle Elmer walks out for his match against Big John Studd.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Gorilla Monsoon's head was so big, that he once printed a tribute to Superstar Graham in a paper thinking he'd died and then refused to retract his statement. Because Gorilla can never be wrong.

  • Paid Members
Posted
8 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Gorilla Monsoon's head was so big, that he once printed a tribute to Superstar Graham in a paper thinking he'd died and then refused to retract his statement. Because Gorilla can never be wrong.

Second biggest head in wrestling, after Boris Zhukov. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Dr Shawn Stasiak (a pretend chiropractor Dr) has been asking Vince for another run via social media. Would you do what’s apparently right for business and give Dr Shawn Stasiak another run? 

9A5599B1-8B4A-4F9D-86DE-EBC28FD9DD1B.jpeg

Posted
11 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Gorilla Monsoon's head was so big, that he once printed a tribute to Superstar Graham in a paper thinking he'd died and then refused to retract his statement. Because Gorilla can never be wrong.

Gorilla... wrong?

 

Highly unlikely!

  • Paid Members
Posted
7 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Dr Shawn Stasiak (a pretend chiropractor Dr) has been asking Vince for another run via social media. Would you do what’s apparently right for business and give Dr Shawn Stasiak another run? 

9A5599B1-8B4A-4F9D-86DE-EBC28FD9DD1B.jpeg

Meat? Planet Stasiak? Third time lucky I guess…

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...