Jump to content

Random Thoughts III.


PowerButchi

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
9 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Let’s not forget that Hogan was nearly Mr Freeze, brother. They just ring Arnie first, that’s why he didn’t get it. Same with how George Foreman got the grill endorsement 

 

  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Posted
2 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

But he was next on the call sheet for the original, brother.

Also, I don’t think Foreman’s was prone to bursting into flames

Missed the call because he was taking the kids to school, brother. Anyway, we all know when it comes to kitchen products there's only one to go with, and I pity the fool that doesn't agree:

 

Posted

Isn't the 'every wrestler was up for playing Ivan Drago' story a Terry Funk rib? I seem to recall that in Dynamite's book he said Funk, having acted alongside Sly in I think Paradise Alley, told Dan Spivey was up for the part and hired a private jet to take Spivey to LA - but never booked it for a return journey so Spivey was stranded. I also remember Dynamite saying he'd also been told by Funk that Stallone wanted him for the role! 

  • Paid Members
Posted
On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:17 AM, wandshogun09 said:

I know wrestlers bullshit all the time, especially wrestlers from that 80s era, but I don’t think it’s beyond the realms of possibility that they at least looked at Nikita for the role. The Hogan examples are always going to crop up because Hogan’s full of more shite than a service station bog, I get that, but Nikita’s story doesn’t seem crazy to me. Only thing I thought he probably altered to fit his narrative was that he crushed the audition and only never got the role because he was so big. Rather than just admitting that Lundgren nailed it and was the better choice. Lundgren was perfect for the Drago character. 

According to this - https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/creed-ii-how-dolph-lundgren-turned-a-monster-a-man-1162613 - the original plan was for Drago to be more of a beast, rather than a chiselled God. Lundgren was so right for it that they changed the plan around him.

  • Paid Members
Posted
10 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

Isn't the 'every wrestler was up for playing Ivan Drago' story a Terry Funk rib? I seem to recall that in Dynamite's book he said Funk, having acted alongside Sly in I think Paradise Alley, told Dan Spivey was up for the part and hired a private jet to take Spivey to LA - but never booked it for a return journey so Spivey was stranded. I also remember Dynamite saying he'd also been told by Funk that Stallone wanted him for the role! 

I really hope it was, because that's one hell of a rib. I have heard the story of Koloff being auditioned for the part, though can't remember where.

IIRC, in Funk's book, he says that Kerry Von Erich auditioned but couldn't ever remember his lines. Funk also takes responsibility for recommending Hogan to Stallone, I think, and says that Vince Sr. had recommended Gorilla Monsoon for the part of Thunderlips.

  • Paid Members
Posted

For whatever it’s worth, Meltzer seems to think the Koloff story is legit; 

ECDD3BCD-BC07-417D-B0BD-057AAA100A64.jpeg

And fuck me, I love the thought of Gorilla Monsoon as ladies man ‘Thunderlips’. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
37 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

A crazy fact, that nobody on earth seemed to know until a few minutes ago, DJZ designed the original ROH logo back in 2002.

DssfHC7WoAIrT-u.jpg

 

Crazy fact #2: People used to read the internet on paper before screens were invented.

Posted
1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

A crazy fact, that nobody on earth seemed to know until a few minutes ago, DJZ designed the original ROH logo back in 2002.

DssfHC7WoAIrT-u.jpg

 

 

36 minutes ago, Weezenal said:

Crazy fact #2: People used to read the internet on paper before screens were invented.

4C20A5B4-C35F-4146-BD3C-9EC54E41F22D_zps

Posted

Probably been said before without reading through things, but i find it funny that throughout this whole diva/womens revolution thing that the bird who gets over most call herself “The Man” 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...