Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I wish they would do something radical with Bray. He ses a creative guy, but he's so stale. Shave his head, update his look. Have him "lost", searching for identity, turning up as someone who has escaped from an institution. Have him denounce his former gimmick.  Fuck it, Bray Wyatt: Demon Hunter for all I care.

Something. Anything.

But I know in my heart of hearts he's coming back to TV with the same old gimmick, lights go out, latern shtick as always. 

What a waste.

I remember being so excited with Bray. I loved him that first year. I loved the Wyatt Family concept and the feud with The Shield the next year. And then it just became turgid. He really does need to change the character up, add new elements to it like 'Taker was always able to do. Doesn't help his promos now just ramble on. Maybe the break will have given him some ideas but I fear I'm going to be watching him roll around with Dolph Ziggler again in no time.

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, mim731 said:

I wish they would do something radical with Bray. He ses a creative guy, but he's so stale. Shave his head, update his look. Have him "lost", searching for identity, turning up as someone who has escaped from an institution. Have him denounce his former gimmick.  Fuck it, Bray Wyatt: Demon Hunter for all I care.

Something. Anything.

But I know in my heart of hearts he's coming back to TV with the same old gimmick, lights go out, latern shtick as always. 

What a waste.

Fantasy booking warning;

I'd have him do the same waffly cultish gimmick but go away for a bit and come back as a greedy crooked southern preacher brother love type. Shave him and cut his hair a bit and make it really smarmy and dress him in a short sleeve leisure suit like Phil Collins in the Jesus he knows me video.

Have him shout about healing people and touch the screen and have vignettes for his character that look like an old local TV ad for a televangelist but make everything a bit too weird and creepy. Film them on 80s camcorder footage with tracking lines to make it look like something that would be playing on a TV in a Rob Zombie film.

Design a shit hot Tshirt that looks like a retro religious cult thing and have him urge people to buy it because all profits go to his cause but have him suspiciously have lots of money for himself all of a sudden as well.

Have the bludgeon brothers return with similar look updates as his once again loyal cronies and have him set about trying to "heal" random people on the roster for various vague reasons.

ii.jpg

Edited by Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

I've just run this through the WWE Machine:

image.png.4798a6613c2140af7ed883fff87b76d3.png

Input idea:

12 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Fantasy booking warning;

I'd have him do the same waffly cultish gimmick but go away for a bit and come back as a greedy crooked southern preacher brother love type. Shave him and cut his hair a bit and make it really smarmy and dress him in a short sleeve leisure suit like Phil Collins in the Jesus he knows me video.

Have him shout about healing people and touch the screen and have vignettes for his character that look like an old local TV ad for a televangelist but make everything a bit too weird and creepy. Film them on 80s camcorder footage with tracking lines to make it look like something that would be playing on a TV in a Rob Zombie film.

Design a shit hot Tshirt that looks like a retro religious cult thing and have him urge people to buy it because all profits go to his cause but have him suspiciously have lots of money for himself all of a sudden as well.

Have the bludgeon brothers return with similar look updates as his once again loyal cronies and have him set about trying to "heal" random people on the roster for various vague reasons.

Output execution:

image.thumb.png.74384fdb2ad240238d5e4c06c94072f5.png

• Moderators

Bob Backlund was portrayed as fucking ancient in his comeback run from 92-94. 

He was about the same age as AJ Styles, John Cena now and younger than HBK, HHH amd Taker over the past few years.

And when Piper and Hogan had their much-mocked Age In a Cage in 1997, both were about 43/44 as well, so a year or two older than Styles and Cena now, and younger than HHH and Taker.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members

Brays gimmick could simultaneously be a bloke from the tele who does undercover exposes about cult preachers. He could film himself in HD 1080 interviewing himself about the time he was thinking about becoming a cult leader. All bases covered, go with the one that sells the most waistcoats.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

He was about the same age as AJ Styles, John Cena now and younger than HBK, HHH amd Taker over the past few years.

10 minutes ago, Loki said:

And when Piper and Hogan had their much-mocked Age In a Cage in 1997, both were about 43/44 as well, so a year or two older than Styles and Cena now, and younger than HHH and Taker.

Hogan looked 102 in 1984. Piper had his hip replaced by then so he was clearly feeling the strain. Backlund is an interesting one because he was in great shape but he'd been gone completely for years which made him feel like a relic and he was so utterly colourless that he just felt like someone from a bygone age even in the dour '93 WWF.