Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

4 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Bret Hart in having a whinge shocker.

Bret hadn’t had a match on TV/PPV for nearly 8 months, and like you said the commentary added to the story of the match and yes Bret looked stronger for winning despite the long layoff. But this is Bret we’re talking about, the man who gave everyone their best ever match, as proven by the time they told him so with tears in their eyes

Bret definitely took/tales himself way too seriously and at times comes across as pretty paranoid. As much as I liked to rip on Finn Martin, his "they both love Bret Hart" dig about Bret's second marriage still slays me.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Astro Hollywood said:

There's a whole playlist of these, which are better content than the entire WWE Network tbqhwy

These are amazing. I lost my shit at "Psycho" Sid Owen. George Linekar almost ended me, especially now that I'm familiar with the "Source material". Is that Harvey Price saying "cunt" on This Morning?

• Paid Members

Just watched a bit of a Nikita Koloff shoot interview on YouTube. Still seems odd hearing him speak with an American accent after all the years of him being Russian. 

Anyway, how have I never heard that he was in the running to play Ivan Drago in Rocky IV, and did the screen tests and everything before Dolph Lundgren got the role? I knew Kerry Von Erich was also considered but never heard the Koloff stuff. He talks about it here;

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Let’s not forget that Hogan was nearly Mr Freeze, brother. They just ring Arnie first, that’s why he didn’t get it. Same with how George Foreman got the grill endorsement 

And Hogan was going to be Doomsday in Tim Burton's ill fated Nicolas Cage Superman film, and he was going to be the new bass player for Metallica.

9 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

but looking at him there were few better looks of anyone in the 80s than him. He was a fucking great beast of a man.

Up until this point I'd been conflating Nikita Koloff with Nikolai Volkoff.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

The amount of people who say they've nearly got a role is incredible. I've heard both Billy Idol and Blackie Lawless from W.A.S.P say they were the top choice to play the T-1000 in Terminstor 2 before Arnie vetoed them.

Billy Idol got injured, that's what lost him the role. From what I read anyway.

• Paid Members

I know wrestlers bullshit all the time, especially wrestlers from that 80s era, but I don’t think it’s beyond the realms of possibility that they at least looked at Nikita for the role. The Hogan examples are always going to crop up because Hogan’s full of more shite than a service station bog, I get that, but Nikita’s story doesn’t seem crazy to me. Only thing I thought he probably altered to fit his narrative was that he crushed the audition and only never got the role because he was so big. Rather than just admitting that Lundgren nailed it and was the better choice. Lundgren was perfect for the Drago character.