Paid Members air_raid Posted November 9, 2018 Paid Members Posted November 9, 2018 38 minutes ago, Wrasslin said: Even more so. Vacant title going into Survivor Series. Deadly Game 2.0 27 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said: But it's "the one night of the year where Raw & Smackdown superstars compete". You can't take that away for something as frivolous as the Universal Title. Saudis paid for a big title fight.
Paid Members Chris B Posted November 9, 2018 Paid Members Posted November 9, 2018 34 minutes ago, air_raid said: Saudis paid for a big title fight. Fair point. If only they had some major tournament planned to finish that night, that they could have made more prestigious. EDIT - reading that back, it sounded like I was being sarcastic at you, rather than the booking. Not my intention.
MEGABUCKS Posted November 9, 2018 Posted November 9, 2018 Deadly Game tournament would have been good considering it is the 20th Anniversary of Survivor Series Deadly Game this year.
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted November 9, 2018 Awards Moderator Posted November 9, 2018 And considering they already did a tournament for a vacant title at Survivor Series a couple of years ago when Rollins got injured and Reigns won it.
The King of Old School Posted November 9, 2018 Posted November 9, 2018 52 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said: And considering they already did a tournament for a vacant title at Survivor Series a couple of years ago when Rollins got injured and Reigns won it. There's probably only you that remembers it though! I had forgotten about it, but thinking back it was a horrible tournament. They really should have had a deadly games type of tournament then instead of what we ended up with.
Wrasslin Posted November 9, 2018 Posted November 9, 2018 1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said: And considering they already did a tournament for a vacant title at Survivor Series a couple of years ago when Rollins got injured and Reigns won it. I have literally zero recollection of this.
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted November 9, 2018 Paid Members Posted November 9, 2018 Is Hulk Hogan the official bandana king? The bloke was allowed to wear one in court for fucks sake. Is anyone more associated with the bandana than him? I'm taking Axl Rose here, too.
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted November 9, 2018 Paid Members Posted November 9, 2018 4 minutes ago, gmoney said: Bret Michaels? I dont think he's got a top half of his head, though. I think he lost it around 94, so I dont count him. He was in intensive care, in a coma, and still had it on.
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted November 9, 2018 Paid Members Posted November 9, 2018 Steven Van Zandt rocks the bandana whenever he’s not acting.
WyattSheepMask Posted November 9, 2018 Posted November 9, 2018 16 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said: I dont think he's got a top half of his head, though. I think he lost it around 94, so I dont count him. He was in intensive care, in a coma, and still had it on. He lost it when he nearly decapitated himself walking into that backdrop
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted November 9, 2018 Awards Moderator Posted November 9, 2018 2 hours ago, Wrasslin said: I have literally zero recollection of this. It happened! 2015, I think. That Survivor Series where they thought ISIS might attack them. Del Rio was in the tournament, and the final might have been Ambrose vs. Reigns. No recollection of the fourth person in it on the night, nor anyone who lost a qualifier before Survivor Series. Reigns won then Sheamus cashed in MITB. They swapped the title back and forth a couple of times - this was during the 'Vince is out to get Reigns' period- and Roman had to defend it in the 2016 Rumble where AJ Styles debuted. Triple H won the Rumble and the title then Roman won at back at WrestleMania. I'm impressed I remember any of it, to be honest! Most of this decade's a blur of not-much-happening-here for me.
TildeGuy~! Posted November 9, 2018 Posted November 9, 2018 I think Owens was the 4th man from what I remember, him and Ambrose were constantly facing each other every other week and then feuded for the IC title at that following Rumble
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted November 9, 2018 Paid Members Posted November 9, 2018 6 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said: It happened! 2015, I think. That Survivor Series where they thought ISIS might attack them. Del Rio was in the tournament, and the final might have been Ambrose vs. Reigns. No recollection of the fourth person in it on the night, nor anyone who lost a qualifier before Survivor Series. Reigns won then Sheamus cashed in MITB. They swapped the title back and forth a couple of times - this was during the 'Vince is out to get Reigns' period- and Roman had to defend it in the 2016 Rumble where AJ Styles debuted. Triple H won the Rumble and the title then Roman won at back at WrestleMania. I'm impressed I remember any of it, to be honest! Most of this decade's a blur of not-much-happening-here for me. It was Roman vs Del Rio and Dean vs Kevin Owens as the semi finals at Survivor Series. I remember the Roman vs Dean match was shorter than anticipated, but good for the time it got. As for the qualifiers before Survivor Series, I recall both Kalisto and Tyler Breeze being involved.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.