World Of Sport Wrestling Pilot

Jon-Carr_92

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Glad I didn't bother - from what I'm hearing it sounds like there's a lot of people that queued for 3+ hours and still didn't get in, even some with 'priority' tickets. I get that it's a studio taping for a TV show rather than 'a wrestling event', but it sounds like a lot of hassle for a Tuesday night.

I remember reading there was quite a lot of people at the Robot Wars tapings earlier this year being put into a tent to watch a live feed of the taping on a flatscreen TV. And that was taped in Renfrew in Febuary. Make of that what you will. So far, off to a bit of a clusterfuck. Yes, TV tapings overallocate. But in the probably thousands is crazy. Anyone got any idea of what it's like in there?

• Paid Members

I've checked twitter and it seems the only person who has taken a picture of the tapings is the UKFF's resident good man Benno. So I'm sure he's going to spill beans when he gets back. Unless he sells out like Tatanka and praises the tapings, just because they let him see Kelly Brook's knockers in the other studio.

• Paid Members

I think one thing to remember is that the audience tonight, to ITV at least, is no different to a load of people going to watch The Chase. It's a TV show, not a touring wrestling promotion so I don't think they give a shit whether wrestling fans had a nightmare trying to watch this live. Their audience is the potential millions at home, not a few hundred in their tv studio. Not saying it's right, but I don't think they're going to be bothered.

The queuing was a bit of a mess. They didn't seem to know where the cut off should be so hundreds of people were queuing for a long time with no hope of getting in. I just about made it in (about 5 people followed me then that was it) having queued for 3 hours or so.

The show itself was fine, some decent matches and a few videos about the WOS days gone by. It was very stage managed though, Joel Ross (I think it was him) was the "host" and was forever asking the audience to cheer, and boo at one point, so they could edit it in later. They were giving out sweets for cheering and gave away a couple of beers, to be drunk after the show, for people really going for it cheering and chanting. He specifically asked people not to do the "one fall!" chant which was ignored for the first match but didn't happen again after he reiterated it.

It was an experience but was more like being at X Factor or other crowd-involvement TV show than a wrestling show.

Archived