World Of Sport Wrestling Pilot

Jon-Carr_92

Have yourself a mention of him from a 2008 article I did for Fight Network:

After being knocked out in a match, Real Quality Wrestling’s JP Monroe became convinced he was actually Tail End Charlie, a 1940s RAF pilot. When not hiding under the ring to evade German troops, he is often distracted during matches by the need to salute and, coming from a less progressive era, was utterly baffled by the presence of effeminate character Jules ‘Man’s Man’ Lambrini.

Thanks very much for that. Nice to read.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've a feeling they might sell some foam hands branded with the logo and maybe the wrestlers shirts there to help cover some fees. Though what I'd give for them to have Brian Dixon make a cameo shilling the foam hands.

Get your foam hands! Three pounds!

What exactly does the dress code stipulate?

I've just got visions of people seeing the word dress code and going "fuck that" and then going along in their Daniel Bryan tshirt in some sort of pretend rebellion.

The email/ticket says:

"Please wear bright and colourful clothing on your top half. Do not wear plain black or white tops, checks, stripes, branded commercial logos or shorts. You may be refused entry if you wear items which have visible branding or logos."

• Paid Members

Have yourself a mention of him from a 2008 article I did for Fight Network:

Carl Richards and Jamie Flint are an odd-couple tag team, with Richards in the grizzled veteran role and Flint an alleged 15-year-old schoolboy. The latter dresses in an oversized singlet (which he will “grow in to”) and attacks opponents with his National Record of Achievement, a government-issued heavy folder for storing exam certificates. Much to Richards’ frustration, Flint tends to get over-confident and make what the crowd refer to as schoolboy errors. The pair were at one point accompanied by a rogue Boy Scout (who now performs as a manager named Alan Alan Alan Tasker). The gimmick is particularly entertaining because Flint has consistently claimed to be 15 for almost three years, and recently sported a full-grown beard.

Weirdly, I was thinking about Jamie Flint a few days ago. He came training at Nottingham for a while and really wound people up. Constantly demonstrating how strong he was, considering he was only fifteen.

Some of the other trainees fucking hated him.

Looking back, job well done.

Those with "First Come First Served" tickets, what time are you planning on turning up? The email suggests turning up an hour before but surely people will be turning up before that? I'm aiming for at least a couple of hours before. If there's no queue, I'll just have a mooch round Media City for a bit.

• Paid Members

Despite the 4 hour drive each way I'm doing to go, I'm starting to really look forward to this. Is there a secret ukff signal to pick each other out? Longest I have been on a forum and not come met anyone off it somewhere or other

Archived