World Of Sport Wrestling Pilot

Jon-Carr_92

Has it been confirmed that it's going to air on NYE at 4pm? I've seen quite a few claim this on Twitter. That'd be a decent little slot to test the waters. A lot of people will probably be at home, just before heading out for the worst night out of the year (New Years), so they could pick up a decent number of viewers.

This wasn't a wrestling show it was a TV Show about Wrestling.

Bam, nail on the head. I think a lot of people are forgetting this.

They said it wil be on NYE or NYD over the PA last night. Was no mention of time.

Given how it was spliced up, how they recorded extra cheers etc, we won't know hw good it is or not until it airs I guess.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The linked report earlier says they were offered priority tickets for the next WoS taping, if there was one. Might have just been a story to send people home happy, or the person making the offer might have had no clue either way, but on the face of it that suggests the possibility exists.

Their audience is the potential millions at home

Yeah like this could bring in millions of viewers for ITV.  It ain't no Emmerdale.

Note the word potential. If it is being aired on ITV, especially on Saturday at 4pm as rumoured, the potential is millions given the reach that ITV has (i.e. more or less the entire nation).

The potential is not millions.  It will draw 1.5 at best.  ITV afternoon schedules don't do shit these days.

Even the soaps struggle to draw the massive ratings of Christmas past. Wasnt Mrs Browns Boys the show with the highest ratings last year?

I want it to do well, I honestly do, but some are thinking this is going to lead to some sort of mainstream British wrestling resurgence when, if we're honest with ourselves, it won't

• Paid Members

Their audience is the potential millions at home

Yeah like this could bring in millions of viewers for ITV.  It ain't no Emmerdale.

Note the word potential. If it is being aired on ITV, especially on Saturday at 4pm as rumoured, the potential is millions given the reach that ITV has (i.e. more or less the entire nation).

The potential is not millions.  It will draw 1.5 at best.  ITV afternoon schedules don't do shit these days.

wouldn't 1.5 be a massive number in this day and age?

One of the women working for ITV at the taping told me they expected it to be back, I think she was assuming the viewing figures would scale with the demand for tickets.

Also Meltzer's original report on the plans to do a taping said it would be a pilot with possible follow-on series. It isn't definitely a one and done.

I think a New Year's day slot could get huge numbers. Every old fart in the country will be half drunk saying they're only watching it to take the piss but will secretly be enjoying it. Plus it totally depends what it's going against. You get a slot without anything decent on the other channels and there's a good chance it'll do well. Hopefully they'll promote the shit out of it in the run up to airing.

• Paid Members

FWIW, there are only 2 Premier League games on January 1st (Watford-Spurs, Arsenal-Palace). There are fuller programmes on Saturday 31st & Monday 2nd.

The Football League is the same, I think. The Championship is for sure.

• Paid Members

For a show airing on ITVs main channel ? No not really. Infact I think 1.5 is being a bit too generous. The Chase only pulls in an average of 800,000 viewers.

The Chase pulls in an average of around 3m viewers per show, for a timeslot where a large portion of the country are either still at work or making their way home.

I'm astounded to learn that 7m people regularly watch Emmerdale.

The ITV presentation of this show is going to sink it. Grado's act seems ironic, self aware, even edgy when he's being showcased on a Vice documentary. On a Saturday afternoon ITV show that's all going to be lost, and he's going to seem like a fat clown. It's like the difference in presentation between NXT and the main roster. Most wrestlers with any kind of gimmick are going to suffer.

Archived