World Of Sport Wrestling Pilot

Jon-Carr_92

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grado and Jim Ross would have been better to promote it

Grado is doing 2 pantos a day in Glasgow until January 15th & JR is in America. Both are unavailable. It's good that some of the other wrestlers got a chance to promote it. Hope, Viper & Mastiff are all heavily featured in all the tv listings mags for new year week. Radio Times has a big 2 page profile of Mastiff, Alexis Rose, Viper & Grado. TV Times has a retro feature on Daddy/Haystacks. TV Choice has brief comments & a photo with Danny Hope. Sha Samuels & Johnny Moss are also in one of the other mags. All the tv mags are pushing the show. The Radio Times pub is very impressive given the significance of that publication.

• Paid Members

They should have just brought over a bunch of Americans. They've already got JR, so this need for it to be purely British isnt there. And El Ligero is Mexican as far as we know. Should have went the Lucha Underground route of having a mixture. I'd have went the human action figure approach on This Morning. Get some big men and people with a good look on there. Johnny Moss or Tyson T-Bone or Holly Dee who was on here for a bit. I like Dan Mastiff, but those hairy thighs put me off my Twix and cup off tea a bit.

Flatliner's available if they allow him out the Care Home just before Christmas.

They should have just brought over a bunch of Americans. They've already got JR, so this need for it to be purely British isnt there. And El Ligero is Mexican as far as we know. Should have went the Lucha Underground route of having a mixture. I'd have went the human action figure approach on This Morning. Get some big men and people with a good look on there. Johnny Moss or Tyson T-Bone or Holly Dee who was on here for a bit. I like Dan Mastiff, but those hairy thighs put me off my Twix and cup off tea a bit.

Flatliner's available if they allow him out the Care Home just before Christmas.

Tyson T-Bone has been signed up for the WWE UK title tournament and isn't in the ITV show (nor could he be due to his WWE deal).

I think the idea is to show that British wrestling didnt die 30 years ago and that theres this new generation of British talent.

It's very heartening to see the hype kicking in now. ITV are behind it. They were openly talking about how there could be more shows on This Morning. A few of the tv listings mags (and yeah, PowerButchi, people buy them - have you seen how many different types there are? Thats one mag genre that isnt dead) have it listed as their 'tv pick of the day' for New Years Eve. The hype for it bodes well.

• Moderators

I think the idea is to show that British wrestling didnt die 30 years ago and that theres this new generation of British talent.

No, the idea is to sell advertising in order to make a profit using the fact wrestling in the UK is currently hot. It's great ITV are doing this but let's not delude ourselves that ITV are doing it for another reason romantic or otherwise.

• Paid Members

It's also an attempt to capitalise on the fact that British wrestling is currently hot which is roughly the equivalent of getting some of pop music's best young stars to form a Showaddywaddy cover band.

• Paid Members

It's also an attempt to capitalise on the fact that British wrestling is currently hot which is roughly the equivalent of getting some of pop music's best young stars to form a Showaddywaddy cover band.

It reminds me of when Bullseye was on the publics lips because Peter Kay did a bit about it on his Christmas DVD, so Challenge brought it back with Dave Spikey presenting it.

No, the idea is to sell advertising in order to make a profit using the fact wrestling in the UK is currently hot. It's great ITV are doing this but let's not delude ourselves that ITV are doing it for another reason romantic or otherwise.

Well obviously that's the real motive. What I wrote was in response to IANdrewDiceClay's comment about bringing in non-British talent. Creatively, the idea is to showcase British only talent. That is what my post was in reference to.

Archived