Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I do agree with that Danger, and also I will say that for whatever reason, Rollins is actually over to a pretty high level, so whatever complaints I have, he's doing something right. Sometimes being broad as fuck works. Ziggler was never over like Seth is. 

Only watched Seth Rollins vs AJ Styles, Gunther vs Ali, Brock vs Cody and the main event, and all four of those were great. Gunthers entrance and presentation is still the best.

Lesnar winning is...a choice, but then I don't book for the worlds most successful wrestling business so I'll trust their judgement.

The main event was just brilliant, brilliant drama and just when you think that storyline is on the downs or not as hot, it delivers again.

Just the best thing in wrestling in forever.

Seth winning is the logical choice. He’s in his best form for ages and it won’t do WWE any harm actually listening to the fans choice for a change. Whether people on here rate him or not isn’t hugely important - it is abundantly clear he was the man to go with. Cody is the only other available for that belt and it would just feel second rate for him right now.

I thought the one superkick was gonna be it and then Jimmy taking his punishment before apologising to move on so the second was fantastic stuff. Like has been said, that release afterwards was brilliant storytelling.

• Paid Members

The irony being that Seth Rollins is one of the thinnest-skinned wrestlers in the world. He'd genuinely be gutted to know he didn't have the UKFF Seal of Approval. Would start bragging about his bank account to deflect from his broken heart.

Shout out to the ref during AJ Styles vs. Seth Rollins who, noticing Seth's shoulders weren't down for a pinfall attempt, adjusted them himself before counting. Bonkers.

42 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

More meant that while some on here may not rate him or think he’s that good, he is super over and what the fans in the arenas are wanting in this moment so he’s the right man for the job.

Poor wording from me tbf, fair play on the call out.

• Paid Members

That ending was spectacular. Faaackin hell. We were all behind Jey getting out, but Jimmy has chosen Roman over his own brother and been punished by Roman for doing it, he has taken longer to reach the end of his tether and has had less agency than Jey this whole time. Him finally seeing the light, exorcising the Roman demon *and* trying to free his brother like Sami and Jey had tried to do for him was wonderful. What a performance too. That primal roar after the second kick, somehow even outdoing his brother in terms of raw emotion on screen.  I wasn't sure they could quite reach these heights again with this storyline but they've done it YET AGAIN. 10 stars. 

Edited by JLM

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Rhea Ripley vs Natalya - A dominant squash which made Ripley look like an absolute killer, but I’m not sure what anyone really gained from this. 

Laughter. That’s what I gained.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Rhea carrying Dom like a baby at the end of the match, as he celebrates, mocks Natalya and flexes? Legitimately the best thing Natalya had ever been involved in.

And yet, the next time they fancy putting her in a PPV title match they'll harp on about her being a "legend" despite her non existent won/loss record, and the fact she's won a singles belt twice in 15 years on the active roster, which is the same number as fucking Layla managed, who was an active wrestler for about a third as long (LOL - she lost one of them to Nattie, who had a crap, short reign).

I'm absolutely baffled as to why they pretend she's a big deal when their own presentation of her over the years has been anything but. The only thing legendary about her is her family.

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I'm absolutely baffled as to why they pretend she's a big deal when their own presentation of her over the years has been anything but. The only thing legendary about her is her family.

Isn't it as simple as you talk up a talent so that it means something when you beat them?