Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Maybe he's got really bad piles and this is the best way to keep them from descending. Which way do you reckon he sits on the toilet?

I love Cena like but he's just a parody at this point.

I know he's always had that over dramatic acting veering into silly territory his whole career but his performance tonight was just so hammy and unbelievable. The facials and what he was saying during the Knight Miz match was just so far out it just felt too much like he's playing a character.

And don't even get started on the Southpaw stuff, just stupid.

4 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

The cage match was my fave. Trish was great, that would be a rough match for anyone, can't believe the level she can still go in her late 40s having hardly wrestled for 2 decades. 

She and KO must be so sore today though.

Plus she had a bloody nasty knot on her head. Great match that should have been the main event in my opinion.

• Paid Members

Two match show.

The cage match over delivered like nothing I’ve seen in years. Especially considering how rubbish Trish has looked for a lot of this return run. That was a performance and match way beyond anything you’d expect at this point in her career. Felt bad on both girls trying to smash their skulls open hardway though. Just let them blade, Hunter. Fuck’s sake.

And then the tag match was fantastic, wild fun. Kevin Owens is an absolute nutter. I love him. Mad that you never hear as many people saying he needs to tone it down as you do Moxley. I’d argue he’s way worse. At least Moxley’s just cutting up his forehead and pissing about with pins and barbed wire. Owens seems hell bent on ending up in a wheelchair.

Rest of the show was just there. Seth Rollins is the most dull, vacuous performer going today. Impossible to root for or against. Just a man doing moves. I couldn’t give a fuck.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that as the Bloodline storyline has fizzled out, so too has WWE’s run of great Premium Live Events. Before Summerslam, they couldn’t miss. That’s two in a row now that were just okay. A company running on fumes. Cody Rhodes or Sami Zayn should’ve won the title.

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Two match show.

The cage match over delivered like nothing I’ve seen in years. Especially considering how rubbish Trish has looked for a lot of this return run. That was a performance and match way beyond anything you’d expect at this point in her career. Felt bad on both girls trying to smash their skulls open hardway though. Just let them blade, Hunter. Fuck’s sake.

And then the tag match was fantastic, wild fun. Kevin Owens is an absolute nutter. I love him. Mad that you never hear as many people saying he needs to tone it down as you do Moxley. I’d argue he’s way worse. At least Moxley’s just cutting up his forehead and pissing about with pins and barbed wire. Owens seems hell bent on ending up in a wheelchair.

Rest of the show was just there. Seth Rollins is the most dull, vacuous performer going today. Impossible to root for or against. Just a man doing moves. I couldn’t give a fuck.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that as the Bloodline storyline has fizzled out, so too has WWE’s run of great Premium Live Events. Before Summerslam, they couldn’t miss. That’s two in a row now that were just okay. A company running on fumes. Cody Rhodes or Sami Zayn should’ve won the title.

Completely agree. Seth is dull as piss isn't he. Also agree with a post further back saying how annoying John Cena was. Such weird delivery from him more often than not. Also, I only dip in and out of WWE nowadays, anyone else feels the ring announcer is trying far too hard? It almost feels like an impression of a ring announcer that someone would do who has never watched wrestling. 

Do we get cracks in the Sami/KO friendship now leading to a match at Mania between the two? 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Supremo said:

Mad that you never hear as many people saying he needs to tone it down as you do Moxley. I’d argue he’s way worse. At least Moxley’s just cutting up his forehead and pissing about with pins and barbed wire. Owens seems hell bent on ending up in a wheelchair.

I dunno, there was quite a bit of uproar about the dozy bastard nearly smashing the back of his skull in on the steel steps .... Multiple times.

I put this on the next day and literally slept through it all.

Interesting way too go with jay uso now being on raw.....I do think they should have gone longer than just two weeks away since he quit smackdown, the bloodline and WWE.....

I guess we will hear from him tonight on raw, do we think he's going to go into a program with Cody then until survivor series...

40 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I guess we will hear from him tonight on raw, do we think he's going to go into a program with Cody then until survivor series...

I’d be staggered, if only because it’s a rough way to start a feud; “you used your sway to get me this job uce, but here… have this superkick.”

I guess, given Michael Cole played up the “I hope we did the right thing” line that Cody delivered but that got drowned out by the crowd, Cody and Jey have arranged a convoluted switch which allows Cody to be the main guy on Smacky-D whilst Roman is on holiday (and eventually sets him up to #FinishTheStory) and Jey gets a run as a supplementary singles star on Raw until Jimmy fucks him over at the Rumble to save him from himself or some shit.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• 1 month later...

Fastlane tonight - and a really fun sounding main event with Cena and LA Knight teaming against the Bloodline.  Will Roman Reigns turn up?  Will The Rock turn up? (No).  Will Pip Brooks turn up?

These big tag match main events are something WWE has always done well.

“…Riding on the edge of a lightning bolt!”

Another WWE show, another seemingly innocent line that Twitter has convinced itself is a reference to CM Punk..

This is going to get utterly tedious, isn’t it?

Anyway, fun show, though wasn’t without a whiff of House Show. Up until the main event, the whole show was an exercise in taking advantage of being very over by being able to do not a lot for a huge reaction.

I thought the opener was excellent, and the match of the night. It’s astonishing that at one point it seemed like Cody Rhodes didn’t have a future with a WWE and had to leave to get ahead. He might be the best proponent of the WWE style ever. He’s physical, fluid, well paced and smooth. He’s great. I wasn’t expecting the title change, but was really into the finish and the crowd were going absolutely wild.

The 6-man was strange, and I wasn’t a huge fan of the decision to have Carlito come out so late. But, he was super over so it covered any cracks. It’s funny how wrestlers have got progressively smaller over time and it has become normalised, so when you see a Carlito you’re amazed how big he is. He’s muscular obviously, but even his height and frame seemed huge.

I think with Cargill they’re doing everything they can to introduce her as a huge star to anyone left who might not know her.

It was too early on a Sunday for me to put up with Charlotte Flair so skipped that match.

I enjoyed the LA Knight/Cena match, if only because of how over everything was. It was a fairly basic match, but everyone seemed to understand the assignment was to keep the LA Knight train rolling forward. Cena has somehow become even hammier in his time away, and his shot calling must be deliberately that loud and obvious, but given his position as the #GreatestOfAllTime it’s almost endearing now.

The main event didn’t do a huge amount for me for most of it, but enjoyed the last 5 or 10 minutes. I was absolutely convinced they were doing the cash-in, with Priest surprisingly losing his titles earlier in the night, which I guess is why they moved to try and kill that thought before the game. I would have liked to have seen Nakamura win, as I don’t *get* Rollins but whatever. The nunchucks and mist were a bit on the nose, but preferred those spots to the ‘just get shit out from under the ring’ gimmicks that made up most of the first 20 minutes of the match. It’s just lazy.

Still, good finish to a good, fun show. Onwards.

The Cody/Jey Uso press conference seemed wild…

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

10 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Another WWE show, another seemingly innocent line that Twitter has convinced itself is a reference to CM Punk..

Whether Punk’s coming in or not, to say these things are reaching would be an understatement. There’s absolutely no way that WWE has trawled through their archives to pick out obscure lines that no one in their right mind would associate with Punk. If Graves had said something like Rollins was ‘proving once again that he is the best in the world’, or something like that; then sure, that’s probably a hint. But this clearly isn’t. Even if a deal has been agreed, this isn’t a hint.

This was another fun show, particularly when you consider that it’s technically a b-show. They finally seem to know what to do with Nakamura, LA Knight feels like a megastar, Cody feels equally important, Rey Mysterio is somehow wrestling like he’s in his 20s again - WWE is a lot of fun right now, particularly the Smackdown brand. It feels like anyone could turn up at any time.