Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I've read in so many places that Roman and solo are going to win the belts and the main event at summerslam is Roman and solo vs the usos....

Stop going to those places, because that's clearly bollocks.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

If that is true and they do that they will have single handedly destroyed everything they had with sami and Cody in the space of 3 months tops 

Can you elaborate a bit more? Because I think the Sami story has cooled off to the point where it needs to end and everyone move on (hopefully not to Owens and Zayn feuding), the chase and cathartic win at Mania was the end point and everything now seems like a postscript.

As for Cody, he's being kept busy elsewhere, and if he's not facing Reigns at SummerSlam you'd imagine they're holding off the rematch for Mania next year, so he's doing fine at the moment being presented as essentially the company top babyface primed to dethrone Reigns at Mania 40, but doing other things in the meantime til they get back to that story (yes I feel they should have done it at 39, but there seems to be a plan in place). 

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, mim731 said:

As for Cody, he's being kept busy elsewhere, and if he's not facing Reigns at SummerSlam you'd imagine they're holding off the rematch for Mania next year, 

Fucking hell, that would be awful. There's nothing interesting left for Reigns to do with the belts for that length of time even on a part time basis. Let him get to the precious 1000 days and pull the fucking trigger on Cody. He can't scratch his arse for another ten months.

1 minute ago, air_raid said:

Fucking hell, that would be awful. There's nothing interesting left for Reigns to do with the belts for that length of time even on a part time basis. Let him get to the precious 1000 days and pull the fucking trigger on Cody. He can't scratch his arse for another ten months.

It is.

I would say it's pretty clear that's what the plan is though.

Roman winning the tag titles in the meantime is a nice deflection that there is nobody credible to challenge for his world title in the next 10 months.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, air_raid said:

11 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

It is.

I would say it's pretty clear that's what the plan is though.

That's the issue, Cody taking it at Mania next year after winning the Rumble again (unless they have him win MITB) is the only logical way he can get a shot at Reigns with him being drafted to the opposite brand. I appreciate there's ways around that, but it definitely feels like that is the plan they're angling for. 

I'd have no issue with him winning the briefcase and taking the belts off Roman at SummerSlam, because Roman feels like he's just hanging around now without a programme, but I definitely see them stringing it out until next year. 

Edited by mim731

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Brock Lesnar Reaction GIF by WWE

38 minutes ago, mim731 said:

That's the issue, Cody taking it at Mania next year after winning the Rumble again (unless they have him win MITB) is the only logical way he can get a shot at Reigns with him being drafted to the opposite brand. I appreciate there's ways around that, but it definitely feels like that is the plan they're angling for. 

• Paid Members
On 5/15/2023 at 11:53 AM, simonworden said:

Jericho almost got banged up in Dubai, he wouldn't stand a chance of leaving the DPRK after the event. 

"Banged Up In Dubai" would be a good PPV name

EDIT: Scratch that. I now prefer...

😎

UAEn't Seen Nothin' Yet

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Carbomb said:

UAEn't Seen Nothin' Yet

A fitting tribute to Tim Bachman, no doubt. Y2J would definitely approve.

• Paid Members
Just now, air_raid said:

A fitting tribute to Tim Bachman, no doubt. Y2J would definitely approve.

He can use Orton's original, rubbish finisher in tribute.

2 hours ago, Weezenal said:

If you can access a VPN and the right payment type you can get Peacock for $19.99 (£16.15ish) for the year if you use the code SUMMEROFPEACOCK.

Theoretically can anyone suggest a payment type that would work?

I’ve read on Facebook, that in an interview yesterday, Ali said if he doesn’t win on Saturday, he’s said he will be leaving WWE.

Not sure how accurate that is, or whether he actually is on his way out, but always felt like he had more to give than he has had the opportunity to show.