Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

Has Becky had face work done? Seen some of Saturdays show and hadn’t seen her in years, her face was very doll like, might just be makeup etc but was a Striking change from 2016ish 

4 minutes ago, Louch said:

Has Becky had face work done? Seen some of Saturdays show and hadn’t seen her in years, her face was very doll like, might just be makeup etc but was a Striking change from 2016ish 

Every time I see her I just think she looks far too thin. She looked much better with a bit of weight on her. I get the feeling she's one of those people who are obsessed with burning obscene amounts of calories and not having a picking of fat on them. 

Her face looks very drawn as a consequence. You can see every bone. 

This was the first big wrestling show I've watched in 3 years, I'd been checking Raw and Smackdown on BT Sport when bored and was very drawn to the Bloodline stuff, the Judgment Day, Cody Rhodes & Gunther.

Have to agree with the Rollins stuff. He "freakin'" sucks. I didn't like him much at all three years ago but he's just become harder and harder to watch. The worst fake charisma I've ever seen at this level, dressed like a shite Buff Bagwell. Unbelievable. Who told him the laugh was really good and should be a bigger part of his character? In 2015 I thought he could be alright if he dropped the shite laugh. 2015! 

Give me a veteran AJ run over that any day but oh well. The fans bloody love him and his crap song. That would be enough to tell me to stop watching but wow, The Bloodline - brilliant. Only caught the end of this story but that main event plus the end of the last Smackdown had me feeling like I was there for every beat. Best long term story since Batista turning on HHH?

Edited by sj5522

It's been said so much in the past 6 months but the bloodline stuff has been the best on screen wwe stuff for years.

I came back from my birthday party and put this on in the background and didn't realize at first the full turn at the end which is genuinely genius.

The most infuriating thing is this is what this company can do if they want to they just constantly choose not to which is what gets people more angry and upset than anything.

Smackdown this week will be a fucking must watch 

48 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

The most infuriating thing is this is what this company can do if they want to they just constantly choose not to which is what gets people more angry and upset than anything.

I mean let's be honest - that's not true is it? They're not just sitting on a hundred Bloodline quality storylines and refusing to use them because they choose not to. No company is.

• Paid Members

The more I think about it, the more I love that main event finish. It’s not something you usually get from WWE - a story beat that you’d never expect, coming completely out of left field, yet completely satisfying. It wasn’t the head case Jey Uso who finally snapped, it was the loyal, chill Jimmy. All he wanted was to have a good time and do funny handshakes! Similar to Sami, there’s an amazing heroic arc to him reaching his limit with this bullshit, deciding to strike first. He wasn’t stupid. He wasn’t a mug. The heel didn’t turn on him. He knew the score this whole time and stood the fuck up when he’d had enough. A proper babyface. Hell yeah Jimmy! I hope he gives Sami the most ridiculous handshake on Friday. The boys are back in town!

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

14 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I mean let's be honest - that's not true is it? They're not just sitting on a hundred Bloodline quality storylines and refusing to use them because they choose not to. No company is.

I think Kfogg means giving people what they want because he still hasn't gotten over Zayn not winning the belt at Elimination Chamber. Or that this didn't happen ;

On 2/20/2023 at 7:54 PM, Kfogg1991 said:

This is where I hope the wwe universe does what it did with Daniel Bryan and make them have no other choice but to get him in that title match at mania 

This of course being the payoff to a lengthy Zayn/Usos storyline, which Elimination Ch....

On 2/21/2023 at 7:13 AM, Kfogg1991 said:

The biggest problem for me with the wwe in recent years is the fact they seem to rush everything and not have these long term storylines that has room to grow and breathe

..... you know what? Never mind.

• 3 months later...

In addition to All Out this weekend, WWE also have Payback on Saturday:

Seth Rollins Vs Shinsuke Nakamura (WHC)

Sami Zayn/Kevin Owens Vs Judgment Day (Tag Titles - Street Fight)

Becky Lynch Vs Trish Stratus (Cage Match)

Rey Mysterio Vs Austin Theory (US Title)

Rhea Ripley Vs Raquel Rodriguez (Women’s WC)

The Miz Vs LA Knight

Also The Grayson Waller Effect with Cody Rhodes

I think I'll be watching it live tomorrow more than likely.

I don't know if we will be getting anything super news worthy, I could see Seth winning the main event and possibly a money in the bank cash in to end the show.

Sammi and Kevin retain the tag belts

Then Trish Stratus putting Becky over in the cage match before she retires.

Apart from that there isn't a huge amount too get excited for considering the past few ppvs this one seems like a b show but we could get one or two more matches added tonight on smackdown 

1 hour ago, Gay as FOOK said:

For a total sleeper of a show in the snooziest of months, that's not the worst card on paper. 

Yeah it's not completely terrible and with how hot and popular they have been recently I can see them doing something decent to end it which is why I'm thinking cash in 

They made Nakamura look like the coolest man in the world with that entrance, but the match still fell flat. God bless him, but he’s never put it together in a WWE ring.

I think implicit with the Jey trade to Raw is the suggestion Cody will be going the other way, which might be an inspired bit of booking. Raw doesn’t really need a top star who’s not involved with the title race, muddying the waters about what is the main event, and Smackdown could actually do with a big star given the vacuum Roman creates every time he goes on holiday.

Plus it sets up Cody to finish the story eventually.

I didn’t see it coming but I think it could be very smart. Wonder if it hey do do Cody/Cena en route to that. It’d be a big feud to revitalise Smackdown in Roman’s absence.

Speaking of Cena, thought his involvement in Knight/Miz was good and loved the little endorsement at the end.

Street fight was a lot of fun. Just complete carnage. KO is a lunatic and I’m amazed he’s got an arse left after that senton.

But yeah, main event was boring and took the shine off a fun show.

This is great, though:

https://x.com/graysonwwe/status/1698168243821666388?s=46

Edited by d-d-d-dAz