Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

Fuck the Night After WrestleMania crowds for being used as a bar for crazy hyped fans. Give me this crowd every damn time. Legit contender for best crowd I've seen for a PPV from start to finish.

And WWE showing an incredible awareness that they've rarely been allowed to do under Vince over the years. Only a handful of shows have been booked in such an overwhelmingly positive way based on where they are.

The Harts in Canada will always be the measuring stick but Vince always leant towards humiliation and that kind of shit. This show was a real step in the right direction for diversity and giving localised people something positive to enjoy while still putting on a wider show anyone tuning in could enjoy.

I'm tired so this could be better worded but this should be the way forward.

Give all the belts to Bad Bunny. That was a really fun show, that crowd were rabid.

Also, I cannot believe that even in Puerto Rico, that prick in the green t-shirt was still front row and centre.

If he is for MITB as well, I'm telling UK Border Control he's a wanted nonce or something. 

59 minutes ago, RoryFice said:

I know it was in Puerto Rico, but hearing the crowd go wild for Savio Vega rather than mild should be amusing to anyone who remembers No Way Out of Texas in 1998.

After 25 years of that poor fucker getting put into that role, seeing him come out the Boricua music getting a whopper reaction and reclaiming 'the Savio Vega pop' was rather delightful.

Was going to point out on here that Willie Thorne has just as many UK Top 10 hits as Bad Bunny just to be a dickhead then I watched the Street Fight and fuck me that was great. Bad Bunny being better than 75% of the NXT crew is a thing and it's great. 

Snooker Loopy is still better than any Bad Bunny song though.

Edited by Tsurutagun

• Paid Members

That was a joy to watch. That PR crowd deserved a great show and WWE gave them almost everything they wanted. Bad Bunny vs Priest was note perfect. Overbooking at its absolute finest. Everything landed, the pop for Carlito gave me chills, Priest was phenomenal and I suppose we shouldn’t even be surprised any more at how good Bad Bunny is. 

Vega vs Rhea was also near flawless for me. They gave Zelina exactly as much as they could get away with when she really has no business hanging with Rhea. I loved  Rhea not taking her seriously at first, then having to go up a gear to finish her off when she had a bit more fight in her than expected. 

Solo’s performance in the tag was magnificent. He conveys so much without saying anything. That crowd reaction when Jey tagged himself back in! More top tier storytelling from the bloodline boys. 

Everything on the card was either good or very good, and everything elevated by the crowd, but those first two I mentioned were the ones I hoped would be magical and WWE took every possible measure to ensure that they were. 

Edited by JLM

Did anyone in WWE run Bad Bunny's new entrance theme Chambea through Google Translate? 

[Chorus: Bad Bunny]
Chambea, pull!
Motherfucker, you ain't got no bullets left
Chambea, pull!
I always hit, I roll again
I always hit, I roll again
I always hit, I roll again (I always hit, I roll again)
I always hit, rrrrah!

[Verse 1: Bad Bunny]
Tell me, parcero (Hah!)
Always with the zeta and we ain't saucy (Prru!)
Already Susan Soltero (Wuh)
Said that the bullet gonna be downpour (Ra-ta-ta-ta-tá)
Worms like you, I don't tolerate them (Nah)
Motherfucker, you're a pussy, you're a reporter (Wuh, wuh), yeh, yeh, yeh
I'm not Don Omar (Don!), but I'm a bandit (Wuh)
That's why I only believe in God (Amen) and my four zero (Prr!)
Yeh, spicy, spicy, like a habanero (Wu-huh!)
If you got thе key, I got the keychain (Prrah!)

Chambеa, pull, pull!
Motherfucker, you ain't got no bullets left (Plo!)
Chambea, pull! (Chick)
Motherfucker, you ain't got no bullets left (Plo, plo!)
I always hit, I roll again (Chick)
I always hit, I roll again (Wuh)
I always hit, I roll again (Ah, ah)
Chambea, pull!
Motherfucker, you ain't got no bullets left (Juh!)
Chambea, pull! (Plo!)
I always hit, rrrrrah!

[Verse 2: Bad Bunny & Ric Flair]
People already know, that's why, I don't even snore
I don't get along with nobody, we flow Stone Cold (What?)
I took out a thousand two hundred and put on a Concord (Hehe)
I've got the bronco's picket (Woo!)
It's not about putting pressure, it's about knowing how to put pressure (Woh)
I'm gonna put your wife on all fours (Ah)
I'm gonna get your wife on all fours (Ah!)
Your face no one's gonna recognize it
It's not about having the track, motherfucker, it's about moving it
You hate my life, but it's because you want to have it, yeh-yeh-yeh-yeh
Because we're living cool, we're living right
Cause there's plenty of bottles and 100 dollar bills
Tryin' to kill me they've spent every bullet in the storehouse
But I'm immortal like Baby Rasta and 50 Cent, yeh-yeh-yeh-yeh (Huh)

Skit: Bad Bunny]
Bad Bunny, baby, baby, baby, baby!
Alex Ki! (Alex Killer)
We're the new religion
Tell him, Luian
Mambo Kingz!

Chambea, pull!
Motherfucker, you ain't got no bullets left (Plo!)
Chambea, pull! (Chick)
Motherfucker, you ain't got no bullets left (Plo, plo!)
I always hit, I roll again (Chick)
I always hit, I roll again (Wuh)
I always hit, I roll again (Ah, ah)

Also, the music video is insane, Ric Flair is dancing on a rooftop for... reasons.

Edited by Version1.0

• Paid Members

Are we not going to talk about the first 'proper' blood job in a WWE match for donkey's years? Well, it was Puerto Rico after all.

Bianca Belair vs Iyo Sky

Another superb Bianca match even if the ending was a complete mess, through no fault of her own. I find Iyo Sky indistinguishable from every other Japanese woman wrestler in WWE and AEW aside from Asuka, can't they at least do something with their personalities or presentation if their ring stuff is going to be exactly the fucking same? Ahh well, enjoyed the match.

Omos vs Seth Rollins

A good match for Rollins' continued push towards the stupid new world title but I don't really see the point in Omos at all. He wins squashes every week on Raw and then loses at every PPV. What for?

US Title triple threat

Thought this was absolutely great fun from start to finish. I'm bored of fat lads doing high flying now but Bronson Reed's got something about him they could work with. Still a confirmed Austin Theory fan, he was excellent here.

Rhea Ripley vs Zelina Vega

They probably could have taken this a bit longer than they did but can't argue with the match quality or Rhea's fantastic expression when Zelina chucked a flip-flop at her. What a mami.

Bad Bunny vs Damian Priest

Was longer than it needed to be but the run-ins were great and Carlito was the best surprise of the lot. He looked fantastic, too, they should bring him back to do something. Really enjoyable stuff, completely mental when you remember who is in this match. My boy Damian just looks a massive, massive star.

Six man tag

Crowd were burnt out and so was I after the 548th superkick and having to suffer through Matt Riddle doing anything, the stupid-looking idiot cunt. Felt like it existed solely to progress the Bloodline story - and job done. It's back on track.

Cody Rhodes vs Brock Lesnar

They're going to do it, aren't they? They're going to keep Cody afloat until next Wrestlemania. An incredible effort and as such, a necessary win here but that's not the big story. Just think how many Attitude Era dorks are going to lose their shit over the blood, only to be disappointed when WWE doesn't do it again for absolutely years. It's gonna be great.

Another over-delivering B-PPV, just like always from the 'E. Very enjoyable.

• Paid Members

It must be such a euphoric feeling walking back through the curtains after a match with Brock where he's switched on and giving you everything. Like when he bumped around like a good 'un for Rey a few years ago. When he's interested, hes fucking great, and he was clearly interesting in giving Cody his all. 

It must be more of a thrill knowing Brock likes you than being over with anyone else in the back.