Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

So Rhea Ripley who complained that being associated with people held her back and said she wanted to go it alone 3 weeks ago has joined a faction? 

14 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Being held back by another female who lost, and teaming up with a highly successful guy who knows what it takes to succeed.. probably quite different.

That or she's been brainwashed or however they're playing it. I don't know.

Being associated with other women = bad. Being associated with big strong dudes = good. That’s the message they’re going for, I guess.

40 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Being associated with other women = bad. Being associated with big strong dudes = good. That’s the message they’re going for, I guess.

Surely it’s less cynical than that. If she wants womens titles in her future, then separating from a fellow woman she felt was holding her down makes a tonne of sense. Similarly, pairing with a multiple-world champion also makes sense.

I think it’s absolutely fine and makes sense.

I just watched the main event. Great fun. Orton is on fire at the moment. The crowd were really hot, which always helps.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Surely it’s less cynical than that.

Yes, it is. It was thinly veiled sarcasm on misogyny running rampant through the company still despite them having a revolution (TM) in recent years.

• 4 weeks later...

Fuck.

Fuckity fuck.

That match was brilliant in a ‘watch behind your hands’ kind of way, but I’m not sure that should have happened. Terrible for Cody and a terrible precedent.

Appreciate they didn’t want to let the audience down but… fucking hell.

I hope they let Cody use the Cena rehab plan that gets him back in 6 weeks rather than 6 months.

*edit* There’s some brutal video online of him leaving after the match just looking absolutely gutted and finally starting to cry before he goes to the back.

Genuinely gutted for him.

All the respect in the world for him personally not wanting to disappoint fans who had paid money…. But someone should have stopped him. My guess is that the injury is as bad as it can be, so there was no real risk in performing (other than pain) as you can’t make it any worst… but still, just an awful precedent, and sends an awful message.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

As horrible an injury as that is, and I agree about setting a precedent etc, this might have a fairly big silver lining in the long term for Cody. If he can come back, win the rumble and main event Mania, given he's already been established as a major star since his re-debut, that writes itself.

Plus it gives them less time to fuck it up a and derail his momentum with bad booking in the meantime. 

Pushing this thread up as it’s a better place to discuss the match itself than the Cody Rhodes thread.

What an utterly mental, compelling match.

The working around the injury, but also leaning into it, was absolute artistry.

Seth and Cody both deserve their stars for producing this match. It obviously shouldn’t have been allowed to happen, but the fact they managed to produce this is impressive nonetheless.

Also, the commentators (Graves, in particular) were superb throughout. Not something you can always say about WWE main events.

• Paid Members

Setting himself on fire for a meaningless TV match with little to no build is no longer the dumbest and most dangerous thing Cody has done this year. An impressive feat.

What a company this is though. Between Roman fucking off and Cody being injured, they’re honestly reaching a point where calling Bray Wyatt feels necessary. Madness.

Should probably be highlighted for posterity that outside Cody, this was genuinely one of the most meaningless, bland shows they've ever put out. 

Corbin and Madcap Moss is - no exaggeration - genuinely at the nondescript level of a 95 feud that plays out on Superstars and gets recapped by Todd Pettingill. And it's a name feud with video packages and everything. 

Cody's great. Glad he's getting so much shine. Got flashbacks to that Michaels/Triple H match where Shawn was legitimately hurt. I want to say it was a Taboo Tuesday?

Injury will derail his push obviously but hopefully he's back to win the Rumble and cement himself as their new ace at Mania next year.

Rollins' panto character work throughout was an absolute lead weight around the match's ankle, like. The worst top guy they've ever had.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

MITB tonight. How many of these Saturday ppvs have they done? It's also going up against a fairly stacked UFC card.

This card is not the latest version. 

Card

Money in the ladder match: Seth “Freakin” Rollins vs. Sheamus vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Omos vs. Sami Zayn vs. TBA vs. TBA

In a Money in the ladder match, Lacey Evans vs. Alexa Bliss vs. Liv Morgan vs. Raquel Rodriguez vs. Asuka vs. Shotzi vs. TBA

RAW Championship (women’s): Bianca Belair (c) vs. Carmella

SmackDown Championship (women’s): Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Natalya.

Discussion of the WWE United States Title match between Theory (c) and Bobby Lashley

Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship: Jimmy and Jey Uso (c) vs. Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford (Street Profits).

Is this the show that they moved to a smaller arena? 

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

How are they deciding the TBAs in the ladder matches?

It’s a cut and paste from a card not updated after Raw. The missing names are Riddle, Moss and Lynch.

6 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

How are they deciding the TBAs in the ladder matches?

They have been decided

On Raw Riddle qualified for the Mens and Becky Lynch the womens

Smackdown Spoiler 

Spoiler

Madcapp Moss qualified as the final participant

Not sure why BigJag put TBA in the post