Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Them appearing at the UFC last night and making it clear whoā€™s next in the chain of command was more interesting than anything that happened on their premium live event.

AAE5708D-AB0E-43C2-AD4A-8B63365CC5F7.thumb.jpeg.4247368d3dea62e65872f5fa6f7a6581.jpeg

Looking forward to when Pat runs the show.

I don't think I've ever seen Vince pictured at any other sporting event like this, ever. Weird.

5 minutes ago, stevieg1980 said:

All I can think is Lashley may take it by putting up the US title vs Briefcase. But even that still puts them in a corner. Do you think the plan may have been to give MITB to Cody before his injury?

Iā€™m absolutely convinced of it.

I just think, even though Theory seems like a scrote of a man, they put him in a such a horrible position last night. That sort of entrance is for the big babyface returns, not for the lukewarm mid card heel no ones sold on. The crowd just seemed flattened out by that.

On another note, that creepy vignette screamed Bray Wyatt, didnā€™t it? The references to Kurt Angle and Steve Austin (the only ones I can remember) were a little weird though and perhaps signal Edgeā€™s return. But, like, heā€™s been gone what? ā€¦3 weeks? Thatā€™d be another crowd flattener, I suspect.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

I don't think I've ever seen Vince pictured at any other sporting event like this, ever. Weird.

Selling Vince T-shirts at the PPV, too. Of all the ways to react to the investigation, this is certainly a choice.

Ā 

9 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Hardy boy arm bands, Dudley Glasses, Christians Cross and Kurt Angles medals.

Defo Bray Wyatt coming back based on thatĀ Always Sunny Fx GIF

Donā€™t think anyone here said that. But, stylistically it was very Wyatt.

Similarly, Wyatt or otherwise, vignettes say ā€˜BIG THINGS COMINGā€™ not ā€˜Iā€™M BACK AFTER THREE WEEKSā€™. Itā€™s a very strange decision to do for Edge, particularly as presumably heā€™s coming back to feud with Finn Balor - whoā€™s recently been main eventing Main Event.

As a minimum, theyā€™re deliberately stoking intrigue with nothing to pay it off.

Who the fuck cares if Edge is coming back? Iā€™d barely noticed he was gone.

• Paid Members

It could still be Wyatt to be fair. I think the medal and armbands etc are just a swerve and he'll come back with the "I'm the only one still standing' promo.Ā 

3 hours ago, Supremo said:

Them appearing at the UFC last night and making it clear whoā€™s next in the chain of command was more interesting than anything that happened on their premium live event.

AAE5708D-AB0E-43C2-AD4A-8B63365CC5F7.thumb.jpeg.4247368d3dea62e65872f5fa6f7a6581.jpeg

Looking forward to when Pat runs the show.

Nick Khan was next to McAfee too, he'll be the one to really run the show eventually.

Is it just a regular simp reaction thatā€™s causing it, or have I missed something that Liv Morgan has done thatā€™s made her all of a sudden very worthwhile and wholeheartedly deserving of a title reign? Iā€™m not saying I dislike her, in fact I really ā€œnothingā€ her as Iā€™m sure most people did for the majority of her WWE run. But there seems to be this groundswell of ā€˜you deserve itā€™ type reactions on Twitter and Iā€™m just curious to get a response from a place where people are (mostly) reasoned and measured.Ā 

2 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Is it just a regular simp reaction thatā€™s causing it, or have I missed something that Liv Morgan has done thatā€™s made her all of a sudden very worthwhile and wholeheartedly deserving of a title reign? Iā€™m not saying I dislike her, in fact I really ā€œnothingā€ her as Iā€™m sure most people did for the majority of her WWE run. But there seems to be this groundswell of ā€˜you deserve itā€™ type reactions on Twitter and Iā€™m just curious to get a response from a place where people are (mostly) reasoned and measured.Ā 

She's probably had the most natural of "pushes" and genuine crowd support in recent times. Is she that good? Not really. She's a solid step down from the top tier talent they've got. But she has worked hard to improve and she's certainly much better than she was.

So yeah. In terms of a moment, it felt like one of the more understandable ones they went for. Obviously her being a decent champ and performing at that level is a whole different thing.

Does she "deserve" it? Probably not.. or at least not quite yet. But it'd be nice if this was to push her up a level. That would mean they need to invest time in her and for her actually to have a meaningful title reign which is unlikely knowing WWE. BUT they did put her over Ronda and that's pretty big in itself..

It's an opportunity both for Liv and the company. We'll see what happens next.

25 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

She cries a lot,Ā thats what Iā€™ve seen over the past 12 months, she got a push before the last MITB show if I remember right, tons of promos saying this is her chance blah blah blah tears tears tears, cried during the Rumble when Sarah Logan came out, cried during a feud with Rhea Ripley, probably cried a ton last night and sheā€™ll cry in a few weeks time when she probably loses it.

Absolute state of Shotzi last night too, itā€™s a really a shame youā€™ve had Io Shirai, the best Womenā€™s wrestler in the world on your books for the last 5 years and never gave her a shot on the main roster, sheā€™s back off to Japan at the end of the month according to Meltzer.

Edited by TildeGuy~!