Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Discussion of the WWE United States Title match

THAT has the potential to be the most interesting stop of all time. Something like what DDT would do for the Iron Man title. Wonder what topics will come up?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BigJag said:

MITB tonight. How many of these Saturday ppvs have they done? It's also going up against a fairly stacked UFC card.

Card

Money in the ladder match: Seth “Freakin” Rollins vs. Sheamus vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Omos vs. Sami Zayn vs. TBA vs. TBA

In a Money in the ladder match, Lacey Evans vs. Alexa Bliss vs. Liv Morgan vs. Raquel Rodriguez vs. Asuka vs. Shotzi vs. TBA

RAW Championship (women’s): Bianca Belair (c) vs. Carmella

SmackDown Championship (women’s): Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Natalya.

Discussion of the WWE United States Title match between Theory (c) and Bobby Lashley

Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship: Jimmy and Jey Uso (c) vs. Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford (Street Profits).

Is this the show that they moved to a smaller arena? 

Be doing well getting me to watch that if it happened in my kitchen while I was waiting on the kettle to boil. WWE moved to Saturday PPV's after I'd already lost total interest, then AEW unfortunately move from Saturday to Sunday's nearly entirely. 

Edited by WeeAl

I’m watching as I type, but that WWE Credit Card segment with Alexa Bliss was the most soulless thing I’ve ever seen - and such a hugely irresponsible way to present a credit product on a family show.

I feel dirty after watching that.

• Paid Members

Nothing quite says “cop out” when you’ve got a hero right on the cusp, have done a series of title matches where the booking has you questioning whether they’re champion material or not, to have them then win their first title via briefcase. So you never really have to answer the question, because they snuck in the back door like Carmella. Except she’s not Carmella, she’s a babyface. Gutless.

McIntyre made sense, as he could have cashed in at the UK show.

Rollins made sense because of both the history with Reigns, but also if he hung on to it long enough it could be a prop in a reignited feud with Cody upon Rhodes’ return.

Jesus, even Riddle would have made sense as they could have burnt through that in short order in a losing effort against Reigns.

But… Theory? How do they even book themselves out of that hole?

He won’t cash in whilst Reigns is champion, so what’s the plan? Knowing them, they’ll book Cody to win the title at Mania, and as he’s crying his eyes out screaming ‘daddy, this is for you’ into the void they’ll have Theory blindside him.

• Paid Members

Them appearing at the UFC last night and making it clear who’s next in the chain of command was more interesting than anything that happened on their premium live event.

AAE5708D-AB0E-43C2-AD4A-8B63365CC5F7.thumb.jpeg.4247368d3dea62e65872f5fa6f7a6581.jpeg

Looking forward to when Pat runs the show.

35 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

From what I've seen of him, which is admittedly little, he's the blandest fucker going.

Is he someone that's been completely built within the WWE system?

I seem to recall him from one of those Florida-based indies that got into bed with WWE like Evolve or Full Impact. WWN guy.

Just now, Supremo said:

Them appearing at the UFC last night and making it clear who’s next in the chain of command was more interesting than anything that happened on their premium live event.

AAE5708D-AB0E-43C2-AD4A-8B63365CC5F7.thumb.jpeg.4247368d3dea62e65872f5fa6f7a6581.jpeg

Looking forward to when Pat runs the show.

God, I hope Vince didn’t like it. Lord knows what WWE would start to look like if Vince gets a proper UFC stiffy.

• Paid Members

1888360189_Screenshot2022-07-03at11_22_51.png.a829559cb5645671be1060c7b86f0744.png

Can I just shock you? I like Theory. 

In prospect - he's a much better and more finely-tuned version of The Miz, and I mean that as a compliment (!) - For the last goodness knows how many years, Miz has been WWE's quintessential pantomime heel for the PG era. He talks to the talk and despite criticism for not being as flash in the ring as his contemporaries and not someone who's going to collect Meltzer's snowflakes or PWI wrestler of the year gongs, his work is perfectly serviceable and gets the job done in terms of shining a light on a babyface foe while he goes about his chickenshit heel ways, stirs up the crowd, etc.

Miz's character has these wonderful delusions of grandeur where he treats himself as a bonafide Hollywood a-lister, he cares only about himself and his own image and consequently he's hated for it. Theory possess all of these qualities but his style is much easier on the eye between the ropes.

His promos during this whole run have been perfectly solid - he looked the business squaring up to Cena last week for instance - and the selfie schtick is a great hook they ban further build his character on. He already looks the part too - a handsome devil with abs you could grate cheese with. He's great with facial expressions, happy to take the mick out of himself (Lashley feud, skits with Vince etc), he's got all the tools they're looking for. 

They're clearly erect for him presently and they seem desperate to throw a new star in the mix - he's far from the worse candidate. The next step in his evolution is to do more external promotional media like the Miz - I'm not suggesting he stars in a reality show or stars in The Marine 10, but get him suited and booted and out on the ground at their promotional does and put him front and centre. Maybe that's where they are going with this already. 

I mean he's not fucking Bret Hart, but he's certainly not as shit as people are presently making out.