McGregor McRetires? No. But let's talk about him anyway.

Supremo

Yeah, it’s too much now. I have no interest in a rematch, as it will actually never end. Khabib will starch him, and then there’ll be a brawl. And then it’ll start again, with Khabib posting videos of a rape and Conor throwing whiskey at a Muslim child. Then they’ll fight again, and the cycle will repeat.

I’m out.

Stay retired you big Irish chav. Sell whiskey to other Irish chav’s safe in the knowledge that your cash can insulate you from the law. Just go away.

Yeah, it's actually sad that this sideshow is going on, because although the ~numbers~ maybe aren't the best, I'm actually really enjoying some of the fights we're getting. The likes of Askren is giving us the promo stuff but with a touch of class and humour about it. He's saying shit that is quite witty and obviously he's a smart chap. 

As mental as it sounds, as a fan I don't really think we need Conor. Or even Khabib for that matter if he's going to play funny buggers and try to call "money fights" all of a sudden.

• Paid Members

What happened to the days when fighters would just threaten to beat each other into a living death or talk about the intricacies of details of manoeuvres that the other guy didn’t know the names of? Simpler times. Long summers. Hovis music. Them were the days. 

• Paid Members

48D33937-2814-4348-851B-3257AB5A59F6.jpeg

And Dana’s gave a statement to Kevin Iole; 

834ED8BD-29D3-4535-A761-6AC40185C8D8.jpeg

Funny how Dana (and a lot of the MMA media actually) was silent when Conor was relentlessly goading Khabib but now Khabib’s called him a rapist it’s gone too far? Not that Khabib’s an innocent party in all this, but it seems like all the MMA media has been talking about lately is McGregor’s latest bullshit retirement and what he wants and who he might fight next. The likes of Ariel Helwani and co included. While ignoring the elephant in the room that is these reports on this McGregor sexual assault case. Now he’s casually throwing racial shit about on Twitter it seems it’s got to the point where it can’t be ignored what a cunt McGregor is. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

What happened to the days when fighters would just threaten to beat each other into a living death or talk about the intricacies of details of manoeuvres that the other guy didn’t know the names of? Simpler times. Long summers. Hovis music. Them were the days. 

Fans started putting stock into who 'won' the press conference & this is the consequence.

It's also a result of the UFC rewarding those who create the most noise and the most headlines. As I said a while back, it has essentially created a race to the bottom, where we're seeing so many incidents of guys trying to outdo each other that the usual build to a fight with some heated words and a few staredowns is now seen as no longer being effective.

We've went from quick-witted insults to physical confrontations in hallways, to attacking buses, to jumping out of the cage and starting riots. the racist and homophobic stuff has always been bubbling under the surface, and after a few brief times where it has reared its ugly head to no real condemnation it's now being considered more acceptable. The number of posts I've seen on Twitter of images involving towels, mocking Muslims about how they dress and so on kind of suggests that Conor isn't alone in his thinking.

There's a reason he's so successful, and it's not down to his abilities in the cage entirely. The sad truth is that a lot of people see themselves in him, and he represents them to a certain extent.

• Paid Members

Unfortunately, it seems like this whole farce is only going to make it more likely that Khabib and McGregor's next opponent ends up being each other, back in New York, in November. 

Timing wise, if McGregor wanted to fight now and UFC threw him on the June/August PPV against possibly Diaz, I think that would be about the only way of avoiding McGregor Vs Nurmagomedov being immediately next. McGregor could lose that fight, or not be ready to go again when Khabib is in October or November. At which point I'll be firmly aboard the Holloway/Poirier bandwagon, hoping that one of them gets the title fight with Khabib and also that they manage to beat him in the process, taking the title out of the whole scenario where it's getting held at bay during this entire McGregor/Mayweather/Khabib saga.