McGregor McRetires? No. But let's talk about him anyway.

Supremo

• Paid Members

Broken foot...

What’s he playing at with these silly excuses? Reminds me of when Chael denied making the Lance Armstrong comments all those years ago, and even when he was shown the audio of it he still brazenly denied it with “I don’t know about you but that guy sounded Hispanic to me”. Difference being Chael was clearly playing it for laughs whereas I really think Conor has convinced himself all this bollocks is true. The telling thing is he went quiet for ages initially after the fight and that’s when a lot of stories of him doing stupid, sometimes criminal, shit came out and more stories of him getting off his face on whatever he gets off his face on started surfacing. He’s trying to spin this as if he lost the battle but ‘won’ the war somehow so he can sleep at night but when you look at the timeline of all this he really didn’t handle that loss well. 

Here’s Rafael Dos Anjos’ broken foot that took him out of the McGregor fight in 2016, by the way;

FFFDBC1-C-14-B4-4-BBD-8-FB2-6-B4-E1-A824

That’s what Conor and his fans called a ‘bruise’. Look at that Sherman Klump shit. 

Also, Conor can’t make up his mind. In one breath he’ll say everyone is desperate and begging to fight him for that red panty night payday, in the next breath their faking injuries to get out of that life changing payday. Which is it? 

Worst thing is, why can I see Poirier getting fucked out of his title shot again here. I know Khabib vs Poirier is expected to headline that September PPV in Abu Dhabi but what’s the holdup making it official? Why have I got a bad feeling that they’re listening to all this shite Conor’s spewing and are fancying the Khabib rematch? And all the sad little Proper 12 arselickers will no doubt be parroting this broken foot thing as an excuse and saying Khabib is ‘terrified’ of a fully fit McGregor this time. The usual pish. It’s all so tiresome. I’d rather see him get knocked out cold by Gaethje or something. Not that that would definitely be the result but that’s kind of my point. If he’s coming back, at least something like McGregor vs Gaethje is a fun competitive fight on paper that you could see either man winning. They could do Khabib vs McGregor 10 times and I’m convinced it only ever ends one way. Where’s the intrigue anymore? It’ll sell no doubt, and I’ll watch. But the fight itself isn’t that interesting anymore. My investment in that would be purely to see McGregor get smashed again. 

0B942D0B-7D74-44DC-BE19-F3019F8237E8.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Not this shit again. They're going to run this fucking thing back again if Khabib beats Poirier. Should Poirier win, then McGregor will likely end up with a title fight against him instead. 

• Paid Members

Yep. Looks like Tony’s getting fucked again. At the 240 post-fight presser last night Dana was saying something like ‘Right now Khabib is fighting Poirier in September. But it’s a crazy sport. Conor is going to sit back see what happens in September and see if there’s a chance he can jump in somewhere’. 

So, Dana’s not even just on about Conor fighting the winner. Now he’s saying if Khabib or Poirier fall out injured, Conor might step in. Madness. If anything like that happens then Tony Ferguson should be getting that call. 

And forget all that, I can’t even wrap my head around what a terrible idea it would be to have Conor McGregor, a man who tweeted calling a Muslim woman “a towel”, step in and headline a show in Abu Dhabi. Can you imagine Khabib vs McGregor in Abu Dhabi? Just the worst idea ever. 

• 3 weeks later...