McGregor McRetires? No. But let's talk about him anyway.

Supremo

• Paid Members

Yeah, ā€œlet them hateā€. As if the people knocking a man who tweets racist shit, is being investigated for a brutal rape, has been caught on camera calling someone a faggot, hit an innocent man at that Bellator event, smashes someoneā€™s phone up, gets done for speeding andĀ gets caught begging for mercy in a fight...yeah, those people have got it all wrong. Thatā€™s someone you should look up to. I think the arse licking is part them looking for some kind of recognition from him and part that theyā€™re immature bellends who think these antics make him ā€˜gangstaā€™ or some shit. I donā€™t know which I find more sad and pathetic.Ā 

1 minute ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah, ā€œlet them hateā€. As if the people knocking a man who tweets racist shit, is being investigated for a brutal rape, has been caught on camera calling someone a faggot, hit an innocent man at that Bellator event, smashes someoneā€™s phone up, gets done for speeding andĀ gets caught begging for mercy in a fight...yeah, those people have got it all wrong. Thatā€™s someone you should look up to. I think the arse licking is part them looking for some kind of recognition from him and part that theyā€™re immature bellends who think these antics make him ā€˜gangstaā€™ or some shit. I donā€™t know which I find more sad and pathetic.Ā 

Wand, I feel that I should warn you that you're likely to be joining me on @Egg Shen'sĀ shit list if you continue panning his man without hard, court-level evidence that he's anything other than a cheeky Irish lad with great banter and questionable dress sense.

The problem with McGregor's fans is that there areĀ loads of them. In consequence, he attractedĀ lot of impressionable fans who got caught up in the hype. He hasn'tĀ helped matters himself. He's always been one to make silly claims. For example, he made silly comments about Aldo in the run-up to their fight. Most people laughed his claimsĀ off as a bit of hyperbole mixed with a bit of psychological warfare. But his most impressionable fans (or nut-huggers if you like)Ā took his claimsĀ seriously.

The problem has escalated from there, as he's continued to indulge this impressionable lot with evenĀ more bollocks. Well I presume it has, because I try not to read YouTube/Twitter comments sections. So I can only go on what I read on here.Ā 

Ā 

On 4/11/2019 at 1:03 PM, Carbomb said:

If the court case rests on that, McGregor will lose. There's very little justification in law for physical assault in response to verbal provocation.

There was a court case involving actual footage of him throwing shit at a bus and smashing the windows yet he was able to plea bargain. Ā Money talks.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

There was a court case involving actual footage of him throwing shit at a bus and smashing the windows yet he was able to plea bargain. Ā Money talks.

Yeah, very true, but one of the things in his favour was that it was his first offence in the US. If he carries on doing stuff like this, and getting prosecuted for it, it's only a matter of time before he's either deported and prevented from re-entering the US, or gets a custodial sentence.

• 1 month later...

So, McG is pretty much blaming his loss to Khabib on a foot injury, which was so terrible he should have cancelled the fight as it caused him weight cutting problems, dehydration, and sleeplessness before the fight,Ā yet at the same time he managed to shit on Aldo for pulling out of their fight with an injury.

In hindsight,Ā Conor McGregorĀ thinks he probably shouldnā€™t have foughtĀ Khabib Nurmagomedovafter suffering an injury to his foot just weeks out from their clash.

In aĀ recent interviewĀ with motivational speaker Tony Robbins, McGregor was reminded of the injury he suffered when he was speaking about howĀ Jose AldoĀ pulled out of their initial featherweight championship date in 2015 atĀ UFC 189.

ā€œThe most significant moment of my career was when I first tasted UFC gold,ā€ McGregor told Robbins.

ā€œIt was at UFC 189 in Las Vegas, I was supposed to face the current champion Jose Aldo, but he pulled out nine days before the bout with a broken rib; someone threw a spinning back kick on him and broke his rib. Broke his ribā€¦it was more like a bruised rib.ā€

McGregorā€”who first revealed that he broke his foot beforeĀ UFC 229Ā viaĀ social mediaĀ last monthā€”went on to describe how he suffered the injury by attempting to land a front kick on an oncoming wrestler.

ā€œTwo and half weeks out from my last fight I threw a front kick at a shooting Moldovan wrestlerā€”a shooting wrestler is a guy thatā€™s shooting in on your legsā€”and when he shot and I threw the front kickā€¦I threw it at his belly and my two toesā€”my baby toe and the toe next to itā€”bent back like this and stuck in that position,ā€ he explained.

ā€œMy doctor, whoā€™s here with me now, had to come into the cage, stretch it and break it back into place. My foot swelled like a balloon, that was two and a half weeks out from my last fight.ā€

The former two-weight champion highlighted that he dynamic skillset can be a blessing and curse because even without his foot, he believed he could beat Nurmagomedov, yet given the severity of the injury, he probably should not have fought.

ā€œThatā€™s one of the things Iā€™m blessed with, I have many shots in my arsenal, I have many movesā€”I can box, I can kickā€”I have many different skills in my arsenal, but thatā€™s a blessing and a curse,ā€ he said.

ā€œItā€™s blessing for obvious reasons, I can throw many moves, I can stifle an opponent. A curse because when I face a serious injury where I probably should have just reset the match to a later date, my hunger and my knowledge that I just need one shot; I have one limb gone, but I have another seven limbs...the art of eight limbs, this is, so I can utilize other strikes in my arsenal.ā€

ā€œThe Notoriousā€ went on to claim that the injury led to further problems with his weight cut and his workouts before dismissing his own points as ā€œnonsensical excusesā€.

ā€œThe injury itself led me to half my workload. I couldnā€™t road run anymore, my weight was too high. So when youā€™re cutting weight and you canā€™t get your weight down because your weight is too high because of injuries and what not, I have a more intense weight cut. I was severely dehydrated, I didnā€™t sleep for 48 hours before the weight cut,ā€ he said.

ā€œThese are all nonsensical excuses that I donā€™t give a f*ck about, I donā€™t give a sh*t. Thatā€™s why I walked in there hands downā€”ding ding dingā€”and walked forward to him and he went running around the cage.ā€

Khabib "went running around the cage."

I wonder if he's actually convinced himself any of that is true?Ā 

Ā 

Edited by David

He's also claimedĀ that he would beat Mayweather in a rematch. He claims that he had Mayweather under control in the early rounds, until FloydĀ changed hisĀ style.Ā 

Conor has become Chael Sonnen circa 2014. It's very easy to dismiss or ignore everything he says these days. Don't get me wrong, I would be interested to seeĀ him fight in the UFCĀ again. But that is where my interest in him both begins and ends.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Yeah, the thing is he's still a decent fighter. There's a lot of guys in the 155lbs division that he could beat, but Khabib is kryptonite for a fighter with his skillset. Fuck, he's a nightmare matchup for anyone really. Nothing wrong with that, it's how it goes.

If he'd just brushed his loss off as losing to the better man and focused on the Cowboy fight or whatever he'd have come out of it looking much better.

• Paid Members

Heā€™s full of shit. Apart from the shit Khabib already beat outĀ of him of course. Heā€™s flat-out lying. And heā€™s thick as fuck when thereā€™s footage like this shitting all over his excuses. Just like when he tried to convince everyoneĀ he said ā€œdonā€™t be bitchingā€ when they clearly heard him say ā€œitā€™s only businessā€. Heā€™s undeniably a talented fighter but heā€™s a mental midget, a scumbag and heā€™s become a laughing stock to anyone who doesnā€™t have a weird mancrush on him. Funny how he and his fans gave the likes of Aldo and Dos Anjos grief for pulling out with injuries yet Conor is now saying he shouldā€™ve pulled out of the Khabib fight. Heā€™s even had the cheek to accuse RDA of ā€œbottling out of their fight with a broken toeā€Ā recently. While claiming he broke the foot he was stamping the Octagon with. The twat. Heā€™s going to have to smash a lot more phones up to get rid of theĀ footage proving him wrong.Ā 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, jimufctna24 said:

He's also claimedĀ that he would beat Mayweather in a rematch. He claims that he had Mayweather under control in the early rounds, until FloydĀ changed hisĀ style.

I love that Conor can''t grasp that Floyd's change of style went from, "putting on a show," to, "actually trying to win."

• Paid Members

What's interesting is trying to work out if he genuinely believes it or if he's just trying to make himself relevant again to make money out of his next fight. Of course, without being around him it's impossible to know, but it does feel from interviews etc that he's no longer playing the character and he now genuinely believes this shit. There was a time when he came over as one of the smartest businessmen in fighting. Now he seemsĀ delusional.