WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Weezenal said:

Oh and if you get full version and budget can stretch I'd recommend the Pro controller.

Oh for sure. Joycons are, for lack of a better term, fucking wank. They look and feel nice, but they will break. Easily and quickly. Fucking piece of shit controllers.

Which is another reason to get a proper Switch rather than a Lite. At least you can take your Joycons off a proper Switch to send them in for repair, so you can still keep hold of your console and play it with other Joycons or a Pro controller or whatever. If you're on a Lite, you'd have to send the whole thing away. And if they decide to just send you back a refurbished console instead of the one you originally sent them, you've lost your saves too.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

And if they decide to just send you back a refurbished console instead of the one you originally sent them, you've lost your saves too.

Yep. They cleared all of my save files (and my son's) after I sent my Switch to be repaired due to a faulty charger port.

Forgot about the shitty joy-con drift which is apparently still an issue with the lites. Still, I can't believe you maniacs play it on the telly. That being said, if they bring out an even fuller fatter version with a bigger screen and chunkier joy-cons I'll probably double dip. I'd love to play Witcher 3 hand held but I can't justify it when it's sitting unplayed on my PS4 and it's a noticeable downgrade on Switch.

My pro controller literally has dust on it, it only gets used when I'm schooling the kids on Mario Kart or if I need the boost for a scrappy boss on Zelda.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Love a bit of Barry Davies in Actua Soccer 2.

"Shearer, Shearer, SHEARER!"

I always used to play as Iceland in that

"SIGGI JONSON!"

Trevor Brooking did colour in it as well, didn't he? Before he went on to Pro Evo. 

1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Probably due to practically the entire game being leaked yesterday.

Yeah, on this note - if you’re anticipating TLOU2, you’re definitely going to want to mute loads of related terms on Twitter. The leaks are VAST, especially story wise.

Maybe stay away from PlayStation’s Twitter account too. 

Anyone got any left field recommendations for Games Pass?

Inevitably I'm gonna do it wrong and play loads of weird hipster indy games, so some tips would be nice. Demon's Tilt and Creature in the Well are competing to scratch similar not quite pinbally itches at the moment.

Been on the fence about getting a Switch, but I ended up getting an old DS with a flashcard to kill time instead. Any under the radar game recommendations? Already got a bunch of RPGs downloaded, so I don't need anymore of them. 

• Paid Members

How long do Nintendo usually tke to reapin the Switch's Joy-con drift problem? I think one on my young 'un's Switch has started doing it and she's devistated. I'm even contiplating buying a new set of cons to put her on while they are being done.

Also, thinking about it. It's only about 4 months old. Will the retailer take it back as  faulty return, or will they wash their hands of it and point me towards the Japanese plumbers?

Edited by Cod Eye

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

How long do Nintendo usually tke to reapin the Switch's Joy-con drift problem? I think one on my young 'un's Switch has started doing it and she's devistated. I'm even contiplating buying a new set of cons to put her on while they are being done.

Also, thinking about it. It's only about 4 months old. Will the retailer take it back as  faulty return, or will they wash their hands of it and point me towards the Japanese plumbers?

Probably the latter. Nintendo took a few weeks to fix my controllers last time (I need to send ALL of them off AGAIN when I can be bothered), but I really wouldn't expect a swift resolution in the current climate.