WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

I’m lost to Mario Kart and Zelda.  They’ll see me through 2020.

What a wonderful piece of kit the Switch is.  I know there’s an argument that Nintendo just make the same 3 or 4 games over and over again, but what games!

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Loki said:

What a wonderful piece of kit the Switch is.  I know there’s an argument that Nintendo just make the same 3 or 4 games over and over again, but what games!

If it ain't broken don't fix it. They just refine the formula over time. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Loki said:

I know there’s an argument that Nintendo just make the same 3 or 4 games over and over again, but what games!

Yep, I'll +1 that. I'll always need an Xbox or PS for 'grown-up games' but Nintendo's core games are always bloody great fun- especially all of the Zelda and Mario titles. My son has spent large chunks of today playing through Super Mario Odyssey and it's such a wonderful game. I cannot wait for them to port the Galaxy games.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Loki said:

Breath of the wild knocks that argument back a bit. I sat and played it almost every spare moment. It's absolutely wonderful. 

Mario kart hasn't especially grabbed me, probably because I'm not playing online. Got some smash brothers to play before I get mario odyssey though. 

And baldurs gate. So excited about that. 

• Paid Members

Is it worth just getting a Switch lite, considering I won't be going anywhere to travel with it for months? I've been waiting for more original Switches to become available so I can play on a big screen, but is it not worth the wait? 

Conversely, Mrs Loki and I play 2p Mario Kart on our 4k telly, online against friends and it’s awesome.

The Switch didn’t actually output 4k but it still looks great.  Nearly bought the Lite, glad I didn’t.

• Paid Members

If it's only going to be you playing on it I'd say to get a Lite, but if you're going to be doing some local multiplayer I'd say to hang fire for the full fat version.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, gmoney said:

Is it worth just getting a Switch lite, considering I won't be going anywhere to travel with it for months? I've been waiting for more original Switches to become available so I can play on a big screen, but is it not worth the wait? 

Wait for a proper switch. The Lite is ok but things like Breath of the Wild will look crap on them.