WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

1 minute ago, Weezenal said:

And Xbone. I loved the first Championship Edition and this one has a lot more to it. Dunno if it sacrifices a bit of the purity yet, only been on it about half an hour.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

So am I the only person that thinks the blocking and dodging in FFVII Remake is a bit crap?

It's serviceable in the early going but I'm finding it pretty much useless about eleven hours in. Especially the dodging.

Dodging is only really useful on AOE attacks, Blocking gets more useful as certain items will help out, however teammates are very erratic in applying either approach.

If there's one structural component of the game that's off is that there's no tactical management features as if you want someone who has linked healing/support materia to cast a group spell you have to either switch or use L2/R2 if you don't want to change character. Outside of this you'll only get basic attacks or spells, and hope they don't Jenkins right into an AOE.

Edited by seph

If you enjoyed the Phoenix Wright games and, erm, like picross I’d highly recommend Murder By Numbers on Switch (and presumably other systems too).

It’s a surprisingly addictive combination of genres.

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

And Xbone. I loved the first Championship Edition and this one has a lot more to it. Dunno if it sacrifices a bit of the purity yet, only been on it about half an hour.

The more modern Pacman games are great. The boss fights in CE2 take some getting used to. I managed to get all the achievements on the first one on 360.

The first time I went to Arcade club with friends for my birthday four of us started a game of Pacman Battle Royal, then one of us dropped out and I ended up controlling 2 guys. I managed to pull out a win, but also came second. 

• Paid Members

Is anyone else's significant other terrible at games? Played Dynamite Dux, Pang, and Bomberman with her the other day. She had great fun. I found her inability to learn the simple tactics of Pang extremely annoying. In a half an hour of playing we got to the second stage. Second stage! It didn't really matter with the other games. I'm dreading trying out other co-op games with her.

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Is anyone else's significant other terrible at games? Played Dynamite Dux, Pang, and Bomberman with her the other day. She had great fun. I found her inability to learn the simple tactics of Pang extremely annoying. In a half an hour of playing we got to the second stage. Second stage! It didn't really matter with the other games. I'm dreading trying out other co-op games with her.

My other half and I play through the first Streets Of Rage sometimes. We usually manage to make it through on normal. I can just about 1cc it, but sometimes she needs to use a continue. 

I'm still loving it so far, for anyone who has played the original and looking for an idea of what sort of pacing/padding the story has in the new one - I'm 12 hours in and haven't spent the night at Aerith's house yet, probably a couple of more hours content before that and it doesn't feel like they're unnecessarily stretching things out or adding in pointless busy work.

It's mad how the reviews are cut between those that think there's too much unnecessary filler and those who think there's no filler and it's all worthy additions.

I got on to a server that actually let me play RDR on PSN and for a last gen game that is being streamed it still looks and sounds great. Looking forward to getting to know  what John Marston is like after he was a whiney little bitch.