WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

Are there any web-based browser games that people can recommend? Nothing too flashy or action packed as I'll mostly be playing on the sly at work, but maybe a management or turn-based game (or any game where I can quickly minimize the window without affecting the gameplay), and one where you can log-in to keep your progress would be dandy. I used to play GeoGuessr a lot but now you have to pay £20 for the annual subscription and I can't justify that until the new year.

Micropolis Online is a browser based SimCity game using the original source code.

Pretty fun but definitely feels old.

• Paid Members

I've been playing wreckfest after having it recommended. It's as shallow as pool of piss but great fun to just pick up and play, something which is lost in a lot of motorsports games I've played or looked at for the Ps4. 

• Paid Members

I finished the main story of Ni No Kuni 2 last night, after sinking 60+ hours into it, and there's still post-game quests and optional dungeons and bosses to come, plus DLC if I opt for it. It's been a fun, brilliant, varied game, with my only real criticism being that too many of the sub-quests come down to repetitive back-tracking and fetch quests. I'd sunk so much time into it that I was massively overpowered for the closing stretch.

I started Wattam last night too - the new game from the guy behind Katamari Damacy. And Katamari is probably the only thing I can compare it to, in terms of the mixture of confusion and joy that it's given me. The controls are clunky, the gameplay not even remotely challenging, and the story utterly incomprehensible, but it's great. It's so utterly bizarre and charming that I couldn't stop smiling. You play, initially, as a cube-shaped "Mayor" who explodes every time he takes off his hat. Every single object in the game is a playable character. At no point do you ever have the slightest idea what's going to happen next.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I finished the main story of Ni No Kuni 2 last night, after sinking 60+ hours into it, and there's still post-game quests and optional dungeons and bosses to come, plus DLC if I opt for it. It's been a fun, brilliant, varied game, with my only real criticism being that too many of the sub-quests come down to repetitive back-tracking and fetch quests. I'd sunk so much time into it that I was massively overpowered for the closing stretch.

I started Wattam last night too - the new game from the guy behind Katamari Damacy. And Katamari is probably the only thing I can compare it to, in terms of the mixture of confusion and joy that it's given me. The controls are clunky, the gameplay not even remotely challenging, and the story utterly incomprehensible, but it's great. It's so utterly bizarre and charming that I couldn't stop smiling. You play, initially, as a cube-shaped "Mayor" who explodes every time he takes off his hat. Every single object in the game is a playable character. At no point do you ever have the slightest idea what's going to happen next.

I loved Ni No Kuni 2 to the point I got a Platinum trophy on it. It never reaches the heights the first one did in terms of story, but the gameplay is much better and there's plenty to do to keep you busy. A cracking game.

Recently I've been getting back into Street Fighter V. I don't know how big the community on here is compared to Street Fighter IV though because the game has been pretty much a barebones dump for about 3 years. I'm trying to find a good replacement for Abel who was criminally left out of this one. Laura and R Mika are OK but aren't doing it for me, so I picked up Abigail for a bit and though he's not like Abel at all I'm having fun with him. He's incredibly intimidating and his new V Skill with the slow rolling tire really sends the shits up people if you combine it by charging at them.

Me and my Brother just hammered through Ghost Recon Breakpoint too which is fantastic fun in Co-op but I imagine shite if you were to do it alone. To carry on after, a big sale started at work so I got us both a copy of The Division 2 for £15 total.

Outside of that I'm just messing about on daft PC games. I got the original Neverwinter Nights on GOG and it's even more difficult that I remember it being. Being set in the D&D universe with D&D rules means that traditional RPG elements go out the window and you just get text boxes saying you missed because your roll was too low, then you die.

Theme Hospital is always a pleasure, and I've just got I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, and Sanitarium to start too.

On 12/17/2019 at 6:25 AM, scratchdj said:

What followed was a fun hour trying to raise an alarm, get all my guests into bunkers whilst trying to fly helicopters about to shoot then with tranquilliser darts.

I Games With Golded this, possible live chat but my other half is playing it and to test the security, she had to let a dinosaur out.  I'm in bits hearing the screams of the visitors and to make matters worse / funnier, she forgot to close the gate after her and a small dinosaur has walked out and is having a drink from the lake while everyone screams.

• Paid Members
On 12/18/2019 at 4:22 PM, FelatioLips said:

Recently I've been getting back into Street Fighter V. I don't know how big the community on here is compared to Street Fighter IV though because the game has been pretty much a barebones dump for about 3 years. I'm trying to find a good replacement for Abel who was criminally left out of this one. Laura and R Mika are OK but aren't doing it for me, so I picked up Abigail for a bit and though he's not like Abel at all I'm having fun with him. He's incredibly intimidating and his new V Skill with the slow rolling tire really sends the shits up people if you combine it by charging at them.

I've been enjoying doing the arcade ladders and survivals on SF5. I was trying to find a replacement for Dan after he was dropped. Somehow I've suddenly decided that Balrog is my boy. I've not been doing too badly on the occasions when I've popped online with him. Well, better than I expected. I keep wanting to play Juri but she doesn't have a lot. Karin is fun, but quite execution heavy. Maybe when they rebalanced everything for Champion Edition some characters will have more options. Still can't believe how weak Ryu is after they made his crouching mk's range shorter. 

• Paid Members
On 12/5/2019 at 12:36 AM, jazzygeofferz said:

How good is Fire Pro World? The story/career mode is heaps of fun. Found my other PS4 controller as well. No more analogue drift.

It's on offer on psn until tonight should anyone be interested in picking it up cheap. 

It's great fun as always and with the online creative it's so easy to download mods. 

• Paid Members

So it looks like I'm getting me a Switch Lite at some point this week.Is it worth bothering to get the online membership?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

So it looks like I'm getting me a Switch Lite at some point this week.Is it worth bothering to get the online membership?

If you want to save your game data to cloud rather than lose everything when Nintendo wipe the data when it inevitably needs to be repaired, then it's worth it. 

Nintendo online is fucking balls. Even the online shop is shit. It's Nintendo's biggest blind spot. Old games are shit anyway and there's nothing I'd play more than 10 minutes of before remembering that. On the other hand, Tetris 99 is brilliant and well worth the membership alone. I'd imagine a game like Mario Maker is greatly enhanced by it also.

Pay a few quid for a month and decide for yourself.