WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Strangely enough I was listening to the Giant Bomb game of the year deliberations and they mentioned that the people who design the fatalities suffered ptsd from having to research all the gory images/videos to make the fatalities.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Strangely enough I was listening to the Giant Bomb game of the year deliberations and they mentioned that the people who design the fatalities suffered ptsd from having to research all the gory images/videos to make the fatalities.

Yeah, I remember seeing this in interviews around the time of release. 

Maximillian Dood's done his games of the year and decade. 

6 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

I'd read that before and not surprised, I love the game but the violence is disturbing. You can do s ome fucked up moves without doing a fatality. I remember the 1st one coming out and causing a stir and that is basically when you compare it to 11 is like a cbeebies TV show. I was told it was violent but didn't see that coming, serves me right for not buying it since mk4. 

Edited by westlondonmist

• Paid Members

My "favourite" fatality is one of Mileena's in MKX where she pushes her opponent down and pounces on them while slashing them in half. They try to crawl away, leaving their legs behind and Mileena chows down on sweet sweet innards. Made me feel a bit poorly at first, but then when I realised how OP she is I usually play as her in the tower modes when I can, so I've been desensitised to it. 

PSN January sale looks alright. I should pick up Spider-Man for £15, shouldn't I? Although I am just starting to properly get into Forza Horizon 4 on my XBone. Trying to drive a Ferrari F40 in the snow is horrendously difficult. I'm tempted to see whether I can convert it to AWD so I have a Rally F40. I'm loving the 1973 Range Rover, and the Austin Healey Sprite. I've not tuned them massively as anything above A Class is a bit much for my reactions to handle, but they are fun to drive. I've obviously got my now customary hot pink 1981 Fiesta XR2 as well. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

. I should pick up Spider-Man for £15, shouldn't I?

100% yes.

I completed Void Bastards and Steamworld Heist over Xmas - both good roguelike games. I've taken to just playing them on whatever difficulty is the most fun for me - usually Normal, but if I feel that I need to go down to Easy, I will. I play games to have fun, not to stress myself out. 

• Moderators
On 12/30/2019 at 11:36 AM, Chest Rockwell said:

Monkey ball on Switch is a bit of a disappointment. None of the party games have any great longevity, and I bought it solely for them; I don't have interest in the single player campaign.

Off the back of this, I am looking for some recommendations for good party games / multiplayer stuff on the Switch. Nothing co-operative - competitive only. Also, ideally not using tilt/motion control. Any hot tips?

• Moderators

OK cool. I read one review that said don't bother with it if you don't like tilt control. That's why I included that line in my post, actually! It's on sale atm so maybe I will pick it up now.

edit: watching some actual gameplay now and it looks like good fun!

Edited by Chest Rockwell

I’m forever buying games and not playing them, or playing them once and never again. Spider-Man on PS4 was great, though. I spent a fair bit of time on it (by my standards) and probably would’ve finished it if it wasn’t for the fact that I got it a couple of weeks before Red Dead 2 came out.

Anyone played Trover Saves the Universe? I got it on Christmas Eve but I’ve not played it yet because my PSVR (also got for Christmas) looks very blurry/fuzzy and I’m hoping to fix that first.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

I’m forever buying games and not playing them, or playing them once and never again. Spider-Man on PS4 was great, though. I spent a fair bit of time on it (by my standards) and probably would’ve finished it if it wasn’t for the fact that I got it a couple of weeks before Red Dead 2 came out.

Anyone played Trover Saves the Universe? I got it on Christmas Eve but I’ve not played it yet because my PSVR (also got for Christmas) looks very blurry/fuzzy and I’m hoping to fix that first.

I was the same with SpiderMan - I was on course to 100% it, then got Red Dead.