WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Picked up Dragon Ball FighterZ and SoulCalibur 6 in the XBox Live Black Friday sale. Deluxe editions for both came to about £35 when they'd usually be north of £100. (I've had a tax rebate. Its time to start being responsible now). I played some Dragonball when it was on a free weekend. Its ostensibly Marvel Vs Capcom, but with anime characters. Fun. The story is interesting. I also hear good things about the character creator on SoulCalibur. I'll give it a proper look another night. Still hoping I can find my other PS4 pad for some drift free (apart from cars around corners or too much snow) GTA5 and Nioh action. 

Anybody played that new Star Wars game? I hear it's a Soulsbourne, but in the Star Wars universe. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, scratchdj said:

I’m really glad you’re enjoying it, although I just couldn’t like it. It seemed constantly sluggish as if it was dropping frames all the time and that really grated on me 🙁

The frame stutter is the annoying. I just enjoy the simplicity of the game system a lot, a welcome change from massive open worlds 

Edited by quote the raven

10 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

Bought Yooka Laylee for the Switch in the sale. I am enjoying the throwback late 90s 3D platforming action. Considering that it was developed by a lot of the ex-Rare programmers that worked on Banjo and Kazooie it is extremely reminiscent of the N64 games. 

I couldn't get into it myself but there's now a spin-off that seems to be heavily inspired by the Donkey Kong Country games that looks really fun.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I couldn't get into it myself but there's now a spin-off that seems to be heavily inspired by the Donkey Kong Country games that looks really fun.

In the same vein that Yooka Laylee  feels like a completely average Banjo Kazooie, the sequel is the same but with DKC. Has it’s moments but they never come close to hitting the peaks of either game they’re based on.

1 hour ago, FelatioLips said:

In the same vein that Yooka Laylee  feels like a completely average Banjo Kazooie, the sequel is the same but with DKC. Has it’s moments but they never come close to hitting the peaks of either game they’re based on.

Agreed. Having bought both, they feel like imitations of rather than spiritual successors to the games they’re inspired by. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

Agreed. Having bought both, they feel like imitations of rather than spiritual successors to the games they’re inspired by. 

Yeah I got bored of both. Shame really.

22 minutes ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

4's too perfect to need a remake and CV's too shit to deserve one. Dino Crisis has to be next in line!

I’d be all in for a Dino Crisis remake. To me, when this was released, it was pretty much the closest thing I had to experiencing Jurassic Park. I tried replaying it recently, but the controls feel really clunky and dated. A remake would surely fix that.

As for what I’m playing right now; Trover Saves the Universe on Switch. It has its flaws and it’s quite hard to judge where your character is landing when you jump from platform to platform (presumably this issue doesn’t exist in VR, if you’re playing it as intended) but it’s genuinely funny and that has me wanting to play more. It’s not for everyone, but if you like Rick and Morty you’ll almost certainly enjoy this.

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members

Ladies and gents of the UKFF(well, gents. We all know there are no real women on the internet!), I need some help please.

We've got the youngest daughter a Switch for Christmas, but I'm a bit stuck on what games to get her. She's only 6, and likes to play sandbox games most. We've got her a few Lego games, but apart from those, I'm not sure what else will be suitable. Any reccomendations please?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Cod Eye said:

We've got the youngest daughter a Switch for Christmas, but I'm a bit stuck on what games to get her. She's only 6, and likes to play sandbox games most. We've got her a few Lego games, but apart from those, I'm not sure what else will be suitable. Any reccomendations please?

Mario Party and Mario Kart for sure. Easy to play at that age. 

And Witcher 3.

Mario Kart 8 might be the most perfect family game ever. My 5/6/7 year old girls all like Minecraft but I have to help them to varying degrees.

If her reading is decent I'd imagine Pokemon might be a goer too.

Edited by Mr_Danger