WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

What did you think of the PPV? If only there was somewhere that reviews wrestling shows.

What did you think of the match? If only there was somewhere that reports on football matches.

What did you think of the biscuit? ASK JAMIE OLIVER, YOU CUNT.

Close the forum. It's pointless.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

I just couldn't get in to it or connect with the protagonist

Really? Aw man, I think Geralt is awesome. I think many decent open world games struggle with protagonists (or just don't really bother with them, like Bethesda) so someone like Geralt coming along with so many character traits was a breath of fresh air.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

If you're into orcs and that in general you've probably got a far greater chance of enjoying it than I did.  It's clearly objectively well made, but I just couldn't get in to it or connect with the protagonist so after a few hours I gave up on it.  I keep telling myself that I'm missing out and that I'll have another crack at it some time...

I'm kinda the same. As much as I want to play Witcher 3 and get lost in it's incredible detail, I just can't get into the fantasy setting. I struggled with Skyrim for the same reason. It's why I prefer Fallout to Elder Scrolls and why I'm really looking forward to CyberPunk 2077.

• Awards Moderator
20 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

connect with the protagonist

Yeah he's a bit of a grump in the Clint Eastwood / Solid Snake mould. If you don't get on with him it'd be a slog. 

4 hours since I stuck the disc in to install Modern Warfare... still 66% installed.  It's not even downloading anything, fuck knows what it's doing.

I also prefer opinions to review a sites at times. The original Nier for example received mixed reviews at best but I bloody love that game.

Game Pass is awesome. Definitely worth the subscription price or as I did, upgrading to the Livve Ultimate package.

For anyone desperate to scratch that Fallout itch, Outer Worlds is a must play. Oh and it's on Game Pass as well.

Baffles me that Obsidian were never given another chance at developing another Fallout game.

• Paid Members

I've finally loaded up Spiderman and it's definitely living up to the hype so far. It feels natural and fun with a gentle challenge and despite the risk of repetitive elements keeps feeling fresh.

It might just topple my nostalgic love for the 2000 PS1 amazing game.

• Paid Members

After watching the Death Stranding trailer and already considering it for a while I'm probably going to upgrade to PS4 Pro today.

Which games out at the moment are worth a look at for the 4K? I'm thinking RDR2 and Spiderman to get us started.

Looks like a console with a game is best value so may end up getting it with FIFA as only other option see is Modern Warfare. This year's FIFA any good?