WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• 3 weeks later...

Death Stranding: 21 hours in and I'm only on the 3rd chapter. Needless to say the dialogue is awful and cringe inducing but the gameplay loop so far is super satisfying and the true to life depiction of the postal life is spot on. 

It's a bit like Red Dead without the compelling story and fun distractions.

• Paid Members

Saw GTA5 is £8 in the Black Friday sale on PS4 and picked it up. It's about £8.50 on XBone. Alas it seems my new broadband appears to be interfering with my controller and the right analogue stick keeps drifting, which is annoying when I get into a gunfight and suddenly can't see where I'm going/what I'm doing. Even using it in wired mode.

1 minute ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Saw GTA5 is £8 in the Black Friday sale on PS4 and picked it up. It's about £8.50 on XBone. Alas it seems my new broadband appears to be interfering with my controller and the right analogue stick keeps drifting, which is annoying when I get into a gunfight and suddenly can't see where I'm going/what I'm doing. Even using it in wired mode.

That sounds like controller drift. Turn off your controller and make sure the stick is centred then turn it back on. If it persists then the controller is broken.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Rey_Piste said:

That sounds like controller drift. Turn off your controller and make sure the stick is centred then turn it back on. If it persists then the controller is broken.

I hope it's not brokwn because I've only had it for a year. It's not a constant thing, it's quite sporadic. 

• Awards Moderator
24 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

my new broadband appears to be interfering with my controller

No this doesn't sound right at all. Doesn't work like that. 

As said elsewhere, it's a fairly common issue in all analogue sticks. 

• Paid Members

My XBox sticks are fine. Although they do feel like much sturdier Controllers. It's annoying. I probably haven't noticed it until recently because I'm normally playing fighting games etc so there's not much need for the right analogue stick. 

• Paid Members

I've gone from finishing The Last of Us to Death Stranding. 

Death Stranding is tedious. I know that something will change eventually but the hours put into not much happening is quite disappointing so far. There's something keeping me playing but it's not fun. 

I absolutely hated Death Stranding, not going to lie. Too many 'clever' ideas but no focus on making engaging gameplay. Still though, I feel like complaining about it is redundant. It's the most Kojima Kojima game he's ever made, his fans will eat it up, but there's nothing to bring new fans in here.

Same could be said for the new Pokemon, the new power of the switch has allowed them to make a very pretty version of the same game they've made for years (unless you're salty your favourite didn't make the cut) - it's a gaming loop I love, and I loved this one as well. Its a little content light but that can be put down to the jump to a bigger system, something they'll need to make sure is addressed next time though.

Fucking Hop though, he can die in a fire. 

• Paid Members

The drift is sporadic, unless I'm using my laptop which connects through WiFi at the same time, in which event it's worse for some reason. I'm going to try and dig out my other pad and see whether that fares any better. I lack the confidence to fix it myself, but don't like the idea of having to get a whole new controller. I should have picked up the XBox version. 

A Hat in Time on Switch. I’d played the PS4 version and it’s just as delightful this time round, although the loading times are a little longer. If you haven’t played it I can’t recommend it enough. It’s the most innovative and creative non-Nintendo platform we I’ve played in years. Actually, I’d go as far as to say I prefer it to Mario Odyssey.