WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Awards Moderator

Google will get bored of Stadia in 2 years and can it. It's too far out of the core safety zone. Might work better in the States in Google Fi areas but they'll inevitably shut it down. 

• Paid Members
On 10/14/2019 at 10:31 AM, Accident Prone said:

Started playing Steamworld Dig on Saturday and haven't put it down. I was lying in bed playing it this morning and I just had that "ten more minutes" mentality and before I knew it I was running late for work. Such a lovely, addictive game.

Completed it mate. 10 hours of game time which is perfect for me. Although the ending came out of nowhere and there was no real 'threat' to speak of, just mining for stuff was immensely satisfying.

I'll be giving number two a go once I finish up with Kill Zone. I'm trying to get into Don't Starve as well but I'm really struggling with that one, as much as I want to like it.

• Paid Members

6 is good, has a decent amount of content and doesn't try to squeeze money out of you for progress etc. Be better when they get Rivals mode back up and running again. 

The two games are incomparable. Odyssey is excellent but it depends if you want a brilliant 3d platformer or 100 hours of a brilliant action rpg. For what its worth I got them both at the same time and have put 170+ hours in to Zelda but still haven't finished Odyssey.

50 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I have bought the kids a switch for Christmas because my son is obsessed with Mario Kart GP in the arcades. So bought Mario Kart 8, but want to buy myself something. Super Mario Odyssey or Zelda?

I enjoyed Mario more but got much more play time out of Zelda. They’re both easy to dip in and out of too.

If you like strategy RPGs, Fire Emblem is worth considering. The storyline is pretty strong, the gameplay is great and there’s a lot of replay value too. 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I enjoyed Mario more but got much more play time out of Zelda. They’re both easy to dip in and out of too.

If you like strategy RPGs, Fire Emblem is worth considering. The storyline is pretty strong, the gameplay is great and there’s a lot of replay value too. 

I liked Ocarina of Time, but never been massively into RPG's. I was worried Zelda may be too big which is why I was leaning towards the plumber. I mean, I'll probably by both eventually, just wanted to pick one to start with

• Awards Moderator

I'm at the final stage of Zelda and probably never going to finish it. You can keep playing it forever. There's so much to do, it doesn't sound like it will gel with you Soapy. It is brilliant, but those first few hours are unforgiving for a Zelda game. 

I've been playing Arkham Knight relentlessly this week. Rocksteady are just the ultimate polishing studio. Layers and layers of incredible detail. Having been prewarned of the Batmobile stuff, I grimaced going into it but I've found it OK. The Joker hallucinations are great. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Onyx2 said:

Having been prewarned of the Batmobile stuff, I grimaced going into it but I've found it OK.

I quite liked the batmobile, not sure what the negative fuss was about. Good game, but just a bit too open off the bat for me. 

Our Switch is due back from repair any day now (fuckers charged me for repair- the charging port was damaged so they refused to cover it under warranty) and the second it's back I'm getting my goose on. I can't wait to bully some speccy kid with my perpetual honking.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

but just a bit too open off the bat for me. 

It's not actually that egregious. You're landlocked until you finish the ACE Chemicals branch, and even then you're really limited in what you can do as you're underpowered (unless you're that confident with U.P. hand-to-hand fights for the checkpoint / tower subquests)

With Arkham City, by contrast, it's a smaller worldmap but you can get at least 30% of the trophies the moment you get the batsuit. No beef-gate to stop you from finding out Joker is even in town.

2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I liked Ocarina of Time, but never been massively into RPG's. I was worried Zelda may be too big which is why I was leaning towards the plumber. I mean, I'll probably by both eventually, just wanted to pick one to start with

Zelda is as big as you want it to be. You literally could ride straight up to the final boss and face them immediately, thought it would obviously be far, far harder than if you were to do some of the build up quests.

There are loads of things to do in Zelda and you can pretty much just keep playing it until you’re bored, but almost everything is option (although some of it is optional with an asterisk - not doing it makes the final boss harder)