WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Got myself the "Game of the Year" version of Spiderman on PS4 last week. Fucking love it! I have sunk more hours into it in such a short space of time than I think I have for any other console game since the PS4 came out, I recon. I'm about 81% complete according the in game stats, and have also taken all the landmark photos and got all the back packs etc. Going to give it a big final push tommorow to try and finish the story and mabe 100% it(need to find 3 more hidden landmarks and grad a load of newspapers and I shouldn't be far off).

• Moderators
On 9/27/2019 at 8:48 AM, Astro Hollywood said:

Finally let the 20gb PUBG update I've had on pause for months finish, only for it to immediately require a new 18gb update before I could touch it.

Figured I might have an hour later to finally play a bit of PUBG, so I left the update downloading in the background. The second it finished, another 18gb update moved to the download queue.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

Has anyone got the Ghostbusters Remastered game for PS4/XBone? Just wondered how it plays and if it still holds up? I loved it on the 360 back in the day, but there wasn't much of a replay value for me(the linear style doesn't lend itself to multiple play throughs, in my opinion).

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Figured I might have an hour later to finally play a bit of PUBG, so I left the update downloading in the background. The second it finished, another 18gb update moved to the download queue.

I don't know anyone that plays PUBG. Is it not particularly popular over here? It's one of the biggest selling games of all-time, but I know no fucker that plays it. I know loads that play Fortnite, or have played it at some point. Seems odd.

57 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

Has anyone got the Ghostbusters Remastered game for PS4/XBone? Just wondered how it plays and if it still holds up? I loved it on the 360 back in the day, but there wasn't much of a replay value for me(the linear style doesn't lend itself to multiple play throughs, in my opinion).

I picked it up for the Switch, the original was an OK game bordering on poor but lifted way up by the Ghostbusters license - the nostalgia part still holds up and there are some great gameplay elements (mainly the trapping of ghosts) but it's still a bit of a slog in parts and the controls feel really heavy by today's standards. Nothing's been added though, which is unfortunate but I'd recommend picking it up if/when it gets maybe a tenner knocked off.

• Moderators

At its best, PUBG is unbelievably exhilarating, in a way no game I've played before or since have ever touched. Fortnite's colourful, but it's too quick. Games are often over in minutes, and it's hard to get invested. But with PUBG, as last-gen as it looks, it's unbearably tense, from the opening parachute down, where you're sprinting to buildings to get geared up before you get capped, to finding a good hunkering spot in an attic somewhere, listening to the crack of distant firefights and seeing the players get picked off, or watching through a scope as someone makes a mad dash across an open field. It usually takes a good half hour to get down to the final 10, and you really don't want all those minutes ending with a headshot from someone you can't even see. The times I've won, I've been physically shaking with adrenaline. My real life is super shitty and dull though.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

For solo play it basically plays like a F2P game anyway. Awful unlock system.

Fucked it off sharpish.

Most "Triple A" releases do nowadays. It's probably take all weekend to download it given how slow my broadband is sometimes. 

Yeah outside of being a great handheld gaming device it's bare bones. I think there's an adapter you can buy for it but it runs out of the big usb hole thingy so you can't charge it whilst its plugged in.

Google best Switch accessories and there's tons of articles on great little accessories that can save you money on buying official Nintendo accessories. Just don't go too cheap or you'll end up bricking it.