WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

They're incredibly easy to brick apparently so personally I wouldn't try but I'm not technically gifted at all.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/humanthings/genki-bluetooth-audio-for-the-nintendo-switch

Thats the Bluetooth adapter I've heard good things about. If you have a bluetooth adapter and headphones already it might work if you plug the adapter in to your dock and have it plugged in, mine do.

Edited by Mr_Danger

On PUBG it always looked amazing when I watched other people playing it but I found it a janky mess when I gave it a go. Maybe it's improved over time though.

I love the BR concept but I bloody suck at those style of games.

Someone should go down the novel/movie road and give every player a random weapon (and very limited ammo for guns) and start off in a building where every player leaves one at a time without knowing what weapon they got.

Have multiple exits to minimise camping.

Knowing my luck I'd get a frying pan.

Edit.

Finally completed the PVP section of the Thorn quest in Destiny 2 only to find even more BS with the strike. Ridiculously hard (I was getting one and two hit killed at 920 despite the strike being listed as 750) and no match making.

Wish Bungie would fuck off with that shit because it's not challenging in a fun way, it's just a massive ball ache and puts me right off the game at times.

And I did the Thorn quest twice in D1. That was actually an enjoyable challenge once you had decent guns.

Edited by The King Of Swing

That strike for Thorn has always been pretty nails, to be honest. Like the Zero Hour and Whisper missions, it has the hidden "Contest" modifier on it which is usually reserved for Day 1 Raids or Prestige modes. Basically scales all the enemies to be more powerful than you no matter what your power level is.

• Paid Members

It is a lot of fun. It has a really nice learning curve that isn't too steep. I hear the second one is even better. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It is a lot of fun. It has a really nice learning curve that isn't too steep. I hear the second one is even better. 

Yep, the reason I'm playing it is because heard number 2 is so good. I've been after a decent platformer for a while since completing Shovel Knight (also EXCELLENT) and this is very good stuff. There's a hint of Metroidvania about it too, which I love.

• Paid Members

Shame it's not on the Vita, but I'll happily splash the cash to play it on the PS4. Looks bloody lovely, right up my street!

One negative thing to say about Steamworld right now; having to constantly go above-ground to fill up the light meter. Wouldn't be a problem if orbs weren't so essential to purchasing upgrades, as I'd just place a teleporter every now and again to help remedy the issue.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Ralphy said:

Started to play some forza horizon 4, i i enjoy the uk location a lot, but i am disappointed how arcadey it is, i think i prefer the other games 

anyone know of any deals on gamepass/xbl? i will not count as a new member now, sadly 

The Forza Horizon games are a lot less "serious" than the Forza Motorsports games are, but still a decent bit of fun. Horizon is turning into one of those live services things with seasons and a persistent online world. 

1 hour ago, Weezenal said:

Anyone getting Google Stadia? I'd like to try it but don't have enough time to justify it (or fancy paying £8.99 a month to not play it).

I don't see the benefit of being an early adopter. There's bound to be tons of technical hitches to start off with and do we even know what kind of library if any will be available at launch? You'd think they'd follow Apples suit and launch with a good library but for what Stadia are trying to achieve they'd need a decent base of recentish current gen games of which we'll have to buy on top of the sub. If they roll out games ps plus/Xbox Gold style then there's value but only if you're looking to avoid the buy in cost of a console.

• Paid Members

It's got potential, but if it doesn't work properly there's every chance they'll just drop it. They'll have to have it pretty tight to make it work well given how slow some people's Internet connections can be as well. I'll certainly keep an eye on it, though.