WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

I had no idea that was a specific trope until the internet went off about it in the Last of Us trailer. Is it really a 'gay love interest' thing or just a 'love interest/loved one' thing. It's a fairly small pool to choose from to be fair, although it's getting a bit better the lgbtq representation in games isn't great. My Kassandra will shag anything though. ANYTHING.

@Chest RockwellĀ i wouldn't hold my breath on your Switch question, they're great handheld gaming devices but they offer very little multi-media access.Ā 

It's a thing for sure, more the death of LGBT+ characters in general, it really kicked off in the 80's during the AIDS scare but still lingers today. One of the problems with this latest bit is that it's not the first time Naughty Dog have done it. I don't think it would have kicked up such a fuss otherwise.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

After somebody mentioned it on here a few weeks back I'm really tempted to pick up Under Night In Birth Exe Late (st) tomorrow, although I've still got a fair bit of stuff to do in KOF XIV, Street Fighter 5, FEXL and I haven't even tried to install Marvel Infinite on my XBox One yet. I do like collecting fighting games, though. Heck I've still got a copy of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax for my 360 that I haven't touched yet.Ā 

• Paid Members

It was done by Grezzo, but I wouldn't really call it a port.

EDIT: Games With Gold is announced:Ā 

Ā 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Moderators

Friday the 13th! Right in time for Halloween. I'm making an effort to start playing more varied stuff again, as literally all of my gaming over the last year has been to jump on Overwatch in the hour before bed. That's mostly a no-free-time thing, as I know I can hop on and leave whenever I want, rather than be waiting for a save point or sitting through cutscenes, but as a consequence, I've dozens of GWG titles sat on my 'available to download' section. I've not even touched RDR2 since last year. Although I've had to spend the last couple of days letting my Xbox download various updates in the background. Finally let the 20gb PUBG update I've had on pause for months finish, only for it to immediately require a new 18gb update before I could touch it.

• Paid Members

It's either going to be really easy to find a game because of all the new players, or really difficult to get a game because the servers can't handle all the new players. I'm looking forward to that elephant thing because it looks like it could be interesting. Ninja Gaiden 3 is meant to be balls hard. It's also got a couple of the lasses from Dead Or Alive in it.

I just bought Astral Chain, Nier Automata and Metal Gear Rising are easily two of my favorite games of the last decade so hyped to start this after all the praise it's been getting.

I just hope Konami do the right thing and rehire Platinum to make Rising 2, maybe get Yoko Taro to direct seeing as Kojima is out.

Had a go on Code Vein tonight. It doesn't quite live up to its reputation of being anĀ "anime Dark Souls". I mean, it's very anime, and there's a lot of Dark Souls in there (stamina meter, health flasks, resting at bonfires to manage your inventory, dropping "souls" when you die, that sort of stuff) but combat is nowhere near as satisfying and the world isn't very enticing. It's very linear - you're on a path and you follow that path until you get to where the game wants you to go. You can branch off now and again, but nine times out of ten you arriveĀ at a dead end or a shortcut back to where you started. It's got some unusual customisation options with "mix and match" skills that can be quite fun, but having to stop and faff around with the menus just to be able to use a certain ability breaks the flow up a bit too much. Bosses are fairly cheap at times, and your AI companions are often way too overpowered, so there's a bit of a balancing issue as well.Ā Nice ideas, but slightly lacking in execution. A high 6 out of 10, so I guess we'll round it up to a 7.