WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

I played Spidey on the back of GoW and it was the perfect antidote not sure how it'd be the other way round. GoW isn't really open world I believe the cool kids call it linear open world as in you can go where you want as long as it's where they want you to go. 

What you should really do is subscribe to PS Now for a month plus your free week and download GoW and Infamous Second Son to try them both.

Heads up for Gamepassers, Outer World's, from the makers of UKFF fave Fall Out New Vegas, will be free on it next week when it's released. Might be worth switching the XBox on for.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

What do you suggest for someone who loves games like Shadow of the Colossus and Untitled Goose Game?

Donut County looks cool. Graphics-wise it's similar to Goose and the dialogue is funny from what I've seen(Adventure Time-esq humour). You have to swallow shit up using a hole in the floor and use the said hole to solve puzzles. 

6 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Got the Mrs a switch for Christmas, Goat Simulator and Mario Party as the games. I also managed to buy a second copy of Mario Party so need to swap it and get another. What do you suggest for someone who loves games like Shadow of the Colossus and Untitled Goose Game?

Possibly an obvious suggestion, but Breath of the Wild isn’t a million miles away from Colossus.

It’s not a perfect match, but as far as crazy, fun, daft games go Katamari Damacy might be a decent substitute to Goose.

• Paid Members

That stupid thing where it's $100 for the year? I guess it distracts from them having delayed the roll-out of that massive fix they were promising. 

Anthem has well and truly tanked. I bet it wasn't helped by Destiny 2 going free to play. 

9 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

I prefer peoples personal opinions of review websites to be honest :alien: It looks fun and something i can immerse myself in but i am probably the worst games player in the world so if its really hard i may stick to viva pinata, as its filled with fun, filled with fun 

Then this game isn't for you.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Ralphy said:

the witcher 3 goty edition is currently on sale for just over a tenner, is it worth it? what can i expect from the game? it looks fun 

It's a lot of game for £10. And immersive is definitely the word, it's a rich and detailed universe crammed with incidental stuff. Being European in heritage gives it a different flavour to other open world adventures. 

The gameplay itself is good to great, combat is dull. Card game Gwent is an excellent distraction of itself. But the story is brilliant. And side quests are more interesting than the usual 'kill 12 badgers' fare. Set the difficulty to easy and plough through the adventure would be my recommendation.

I've just finished Uncharted 2. It improves on the first but has too little Sully in it. The thought of an Uncharted film with Bryan Cranston as Sully is just too good to ever come true and whats more is that for once the game to film transition would be seemless because they'd basically be National Treasure and I'd be well up for another of those.

I picked up Resi 2 for £16 from Asda today so I'll look forward to playing that for five minutes before I hide the game in the fridge like Joey's Shining book.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Ralphy said:

the witcher 3 goty edition is currently on sale for just over a tenner, is it worth it? what can i expect from the game? it looks fun 

Ignore that miserable Japanese-panty-sniffing prick, Ralphy. I'd do the same as you- ask around on here for opinions from those I trust. 

For a tenner, it's an absolute steal. One of the very best games from this generation of gaming. A huge open world game but with plenty of charm and fleshed-out characters. Plus, Gwent is an ace card game. You could do a lot worse.