WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Anyone have experience of how much noticeable improvement you can see on PSVR with a Pro compared to a regular Slim? They've got an offer in Game at the moment where you can trade a regular PS4 in and get a Pro for 140 quid with Modern Warfare. Not arsed about the game, but CEX next door will give 40 quid cash for it, so an upgrade to a Pro for £100 sounds quite appealing...

• Paid Members

Ended up with:

FIFA 20 with the console

Red Dead Redemption 2

Horizon: Zero Dawn

God of War

I noticed that quite a few of the old games I had on PlayStation Plus have had some form of upgrade and The Last of Us is available now. Rachet and Clank looks great.

Apart from Rachet and Clank gave TLOU, Wipeout and RDR2 a go, all look great, and spent the afternoon installing so I don't have to wait each night.

• Paid Members

I'm currently dividing my time between the Ace Attorney trilogy and Ni No Kuni 2. 

I never played the first Ni No Kuni, but watched my (then) girlfriend play bits of it, and it seemed charming enough if a bit simplistic. This one so far has been great fun, and has the exact right balance for an RPG of being able to play it reasonably well just by mindlessly button-bashing your way through fights, but if you want to get into the fine details, tweak things, and work on strategies, it looks like there's a ton of options there.

Story-wise it's all a bit generic, but has a sense of humour with it, and is bloody gorgeous. I prefer games that look like playable cartoons to attempts at photo-realism, but full of nothing but shades of grey and brown, any day. It seems almost absurdly ambitious, given that in addition to the main RPG gameplay there's also a (seemingly quite in-depth) city-building section, and strategy game "skirmish" sections. 

• Paid Members

Next month's Games With Gold is a bit of a mixed bag, The Last Station looks interesting. I'll probably give Jedi Star Fighter a crack of the whip. Hopefully that Sherlock Holmes game has better controls than the last one they gave away. 

PlayStation Plus looks pretty decent though. Nioh looks like an interesting "Soulsbourne" style game. 

Finally got my shit sorted, and am playing Modern Warfare.  It's really good.  But in a way it shows how stale the FPS genre is - it's the best, tightest FPS in a long time but also essentially exactly the same as the Modern Warfare Redux that came out a couple of years ago.  Shinier graphics, louder sound, but everything else is the same.  Once you're into multiplayer, you really just don't notice the lovely graphics as they whizz by.

• Paid Members

Just finished the Outer Worlds. Really enjoyed it - liked the fighting, liked the story, loved most of the companions. Felt a bit short, but equally I don't always want to plough 100 hours into something. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Nexus said:

Finished Witcher 3 today. It's only taken me 4 years (with a trade in break between).

Christ, the end game doesn't half drag on forever does it?

I started what I believe to be the final mission about 3 years ago and I haven't really touched it since! Annoyingly I know I have to finish it before I can crack on with the rest of the side missions and the DLC.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I started what I believe to be the final mission about 3 years ago and I haven't really touched it since! Annoyingly I know I have to finish it before I can crack on with the rest of the side missions and the DLC.

I thought I was on the final mission at about 2pm today. I finished it at half nine. 

It was so tedious but I also knew if I stopped, I wouldn't pick it up again.

• Paid Members

Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Extend is £3.99 on PSN at the moment. Worth a look for that. The tutorial looks fascinating, and the story modes are always huge labrynths of who knows what to occupy me for a while before I decide whether I want to have a go at getting bodied online because I end up playing as Bang Shishigami and other people have got a headstart of years on me. Or until I end up with a copy of UNIST (Which is £12.99 right now, but I don't have that kind of money.) It's another one for my fighting games collection, anyway.