WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

1 hour ago, Cod Eye said:

Ladies and gents of the UKFF(well, gents. We all know there are no real women on the internet!), I need some help please.

We've got the youngest daughter a Switch for Christmas, but I'm a bit stuck on what games to get her. She's only 6, and likes to play sandbox games most. We've got her a few Lego games, but apart from those, I'm not sure what else will be suitable. Any reccomendations please?

My nephews and nieces absolutely loved Rayman Origins / Rayman Legends. The graphics are cute, the music is excellent and 1-4 people can play at the same time. Simple controls (move, jump, punch/kick). I loved it as well so you'd probably enjoying playing it with her as well.

• Paid Members

How good is Fire Pro World? The story/career mode is heaps of fun. Found my other PS4 controller as well. No more analogue drift.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

This looks amazing. Anyone tried it? 

https://youtu.be/GMJXD5Dlsjc

(Fight n' Rage) 

I  hear it's good. Anthopants played some on stream. There are some decent beat 'em ups out at the moment. Streets Of Rage 4 is looking good. Streets Of Red is interesting because it has RPG and roguelike elements to it. If you haven't played them then I'd recommend checking out the Sengokus series as well. It's old Neo Geo arcadey stuff but Hamster have released them as part of their ACA Neo Geo range. The third one is best, but the other 2 have interesting mechanics.

• Paid Members

Just an update on RetroMania.

So the roster is still developing and we know they have a working relationship with NWA.

The team have now just announced that they are opening another character slot for an independent wrestler, not currently signed to a promotion. The key is that the fans can submit nominations and so can the wrestlers. This will spark a tournament to decide on who will get a spot in the game. 

I personally think this is yet another brilliant way to gain some coverage & promotion. For a company with very minimal funds, I’m really impressed to see how they’re progressing. I appreciate I’m a bit biased, but I’m incredibly looking for to release day.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RetrosoftStudio/status/1203094631392694274 

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

Is the Fire pro PS4 game any good for a casual gamer? It's only £13 on PSN for the standard version, and if it's a pick up and play type game I might give it a go...

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Cod Eye said:

Is the Fire pro PS4 game any good for a casual gamer? It's only £13 on PSN for the standard version, and if it's a pick up and play type game I might give it a go...

Definitely not. The control system is what puts people off.

How playable are Bio Shock one and two? I've got the collection in my basket and i figure for the £10 it costs it'll be worth it for Infinite alone but are the other two hard to play now? For reference I played through Uncharted 1-3 and only really found the first one to be badly dated and I couldn't get through Mass Effect.