WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I spent ages throwing bombs at the ore deposits on Stone Talos' backs only for my 7yo son to say 'why don't you just climb on top of them and attack the ore with your sword like I do?'. Little shit.

• Awards Moderator

Ok so now the world's opened up it's altogether more friendly. Lots of space to run around in, people to talk to, merchants to barter with, horses to tame. That introductory section is so prickly, I wonder how many have been put off by it? 

The people who I've heard saying they couldn't get in to it on Podcasts etc usually say they tapped out before leaving the Great Plateau. I'm the same with Bloodborne, at least Zelda doesn't have me waking my girlfriend up because the big dog is eating me.

Any good non spoilery tutorials around for Bloodborne? I watched someone speed running it the other day and I really want to get in to it but it's so bloody inaccessible for a shitarse like me. 

• Paid Members

I gave it a crack. Its a puzzle platformer with some stealth elements. If you enjoyed Limbo you'll likely enjoy Inside. 

• Paid Members

Just had the pleasure of an evening out at Arcade Club Leeds. Very nice place. Some of the Japanese machines are a little difficult to decipher. There was a Guitar game that took a while to figure out. The place is set over three levels. All sorts of games on level 1. Retro games on Level 2, completed Double Dragon with the Mrs. She had great fun reminiscing by playing Paperboy. 

Level 3 is Fortnite and Minecraft on one side. The other side is PS4s and VR. Beat Saber is loads of fun.

The place was pretty busy on all three levels. Staff are polite and helpful. 

If you get the chance. Definitely check out Arcade Club.

Hey Folks. Maybe someone with knowledge of how the gaming industry works might be able to answer the following ::

Does anybody know anybody how it works in terms of licensing actual game engines ?

For example , if I wanted to bring out a wrestling game and I wanted the actual in ring gameplay ie...the controls , moves etc to play exactly like THQ’s No Mercy title, what would I have to do legally to make that happen ? 

For arguments sake , let’s say that’s the only only thing I would want to retain from that game .

Would I have to enter in an agreement with THQ to essentially use their game engine or is this something that’s typically not done in the gaming industry ?

Also, would I be entering a legal quagmire if I brought out a wrestling game that plays identical to No Mercy but I didn’t engage with THQ prior to releasing it ?

Thanks 

On 7/13/2019 at 11:11 PM, BigJag said:

Just had the pleasure of an evening out at Arcade Club Leeds. Very nice place. Some of the Japanese machines are a little difficult to decipher. There was a Guitar game that took a while to figure out. The place is set over three levels. All sorts of games on level 1. Retro games on Level 2, completed Double Dragon with the Mrs. She had great fun reminiscing by playing Paperboy. 

Level 3 is Fortnite and Minecraft on one side. The other side is PS4s and VR. Beat Saber is loads of fun.

The place was pretty busy on all three levels. Staff are polite and helpful. 

If you get the chance. Definitely check out Arcade Club.

The original is in bury and a while lot of fun too. Going to take my 7 year old during the school hols as they usually open during the day (website didn't have updated hours last time I checked).  He'd better be good at playing something else whilst I play wrestlefest...

Edited by Dazzer

• Paid Members

After reading about how easy it is to hack, I've picked up a cheap Wii U, it's pretty cool! I haven't really had a Nintendo console since the cube (an ex had a Wii but I think I only bought a few Resis for it) so plenty to catch up on. The second screen looks ideal for playing some GC/older games, too.

Mario Galaxy and the Metroid Prime trilogy will be immediately up in this bitch as soon as my Wiimote arrives. I've got most of the big hitters (and No More Heroes) in my sights to try, but less obvious recommendations are welcomed! 

• Paid Members

Wonderful 101. Wii U isn't backwards compatible with Gamecube disks, only the games you can download through the virtual console. 

17 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Wonderful 101. Wii U isn't backwards compatible with Gamecube disks, only the games you can download through the virtual console. 

It plays all have GameCube games when hacked, mines set up with all the old Tony Hawk's playing off the gamepad.

You can also set up any DS game on it too with multiple screen setups.