WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Is anyone else playing the Crash Team Racing remake? And if you are, have you managed to complete the Crystal Challenges? I fucking hate them. The crystals are so thin they’re easy to miss, making it really bloody hard to get all 20 in time. 

• Paid Members

Fanboys fucking love a steelbook, don't they? Why is that? I've never understood it.

I can't wait for that game to come out, it looks great. Fantastic job with the art style they've gone for. I really liked the original but never got that far, I always found it far more difficult than A Link to the Past.

• Paid Members

I'm buying a Switch for my missus at some point this week. She's just finished her grueling time at uni to become a nurse, so she more than deserves it.

I've seen the Switch+BOTW bundle at Curries for £309, and that seems to be the best deal out there. I'll kick myself if I get it and some super deal suddenly appears elsewhere, especially as there are rumours abound of Nintendo trying to shift the existing variants of this console to make room for the new version.

• Awards Moderator

Switch shoppers: hold on for two weeks for Amazon Prime day. That may be a good time, though I imagine they will fly off the shelves.

This Amazon deal is the same price but gets you £30 eshop voucher.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Switch-shop-Credit-Legend/dp/B07TBNS5JL?tag=georiot-trd-21&ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_b2832144_5&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&ascsubtag=grd-1312459389182248684-21

@Accident Prone @Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Switch shoppers: hold on for two weeks for Amazon Prime day. That may be a good time, though I imagine they will fly off the shelves.

This Amazon deal is the same price but gets you £30 eshop voucher.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Switch-shop-Credit-Legend/dp/B07TBNS5JL?tag=georiot-trd-21&ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_b2832144_5&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&ascsubtag=grd-1312459389182248684-21

@Accident Prone @Chest Rockwell

Yeah, there's a £30 eshop coupon in that Currys deal too. I might hold off until Prime Day then, but there's always the chance that it comes to nowt.

• Paid Members

Really tempted to pick up Everybody's Golf on the PS4 while it's a tenner in the sale at the moment. Anybody played it? I had it on PS2 and enjoyed it. I don't think I've played a golf game as much as the Leaderboard games on Commodore 64, though. 

• Awards Moderator
29 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Really tempted to pick up Everybody's Golf on the PS4 while it's a tenner in the sale at the moment. Anybody played it? I had it on PS2 and enjoyed it. I don't think I've played a golf game as much as the Leaderboard games on Commodore 64, though. 

It's identical to all the others (not a bad thing). I rank the PSP version slightly over World Class Leaderboard though 😉

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Onyx2 said:

It's identical to all the others (not a bad thing). I rank the PSP version slightly over World Class Leaderboard though 😉

Only slightly? Might just keep an eye out for Neo Turf Masters instead. 

• Paid Members

I think I might go for the Switch later on as Paypal have a special deal on their credit option today only; 0% for 12 months on any purchase of £99. I do like the sound of that.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members

Picked up ACA Neo Geo Neo Turf Masters and the ADK  PS2 compilation for less than the price of Everybody's Golf. It's nice and casual, plus I got a couple more fighting games and beat 'em ups for the collection.

• Paid Members

GAME and Curries are crap at organising delivery, so I couldn't take advantage of that Paypal offer. Neither store will let you buy a Switch online and collect in-store, it has to be delivery to your address (which can't be done due to our erratic shift patterns and GAME using those untrustworthy MyHermes bastards).

Ah well. I really wanted a Switch for this week but I might hold fire for a few more days. The £30 free e-shop credit is still a decent extra, even if I end up getting some regular deal.

Edited by Accident Prone

On 6/26/2019 at 5:04 PM, TildeGuy~! said:

PS Plus free games for July are a shambles, Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 and another indie racing game

After complaints about the free games this month, they’ve swapped Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 out for Detroit Become Human: Digital Deluxe Edition which also includes a previously free game Heavy Rain, Art, Themes and the Soundtrack

Edited by TildeGuy~!