WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Diablo 3 on Switch. Thanks Amazon for putting this on sale. I’d probably never have played it otherwise and the gameplay loop of killing things and buying loot is really addictive. 

I imagine that it’s almost certain that Jeff Bezos will read this, so cheers man, you’ve done me a solid.

Mass Effect.

Time really hasn't done the original game any favours, has really aged badly imo and I stuck it on easy just to rush my way through it. Forgotten how clunky it feels and how cringy the story can get.

Andromeda despite it's flaws is a much better game. There I said it.

Mass Effect 2

Currently playing for the first time in ages and it's still one of my favourite games ever made and better than the original in pretty much every way. Bioware have never topped it imo.

Can't wait to play the final mission again.

After that it's Mass Effect 3. I've never actually played it with the extended cut DLC installed nor have I played the Omega and Citadel DLC.

• Paid Members

Finished Far Cry 5 and Rise Of The Tomb Raider over the weekend in order to make room for RDR2. There's still LOADS in each game to do (the DLC for FC5 and the other modes in TR) but there's only so much time to spare.

Not really looking forward to Red Dead TBH, as I never really fully got into GTA5, and some of the negative opinions of Red Dead on here aren't exactly getting my hopes up.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Finished Far Cry 5 and Rise Of The Tomb Raider over the weekend in order to make room for RDR2. There's still LOADS in each game to do (the DLC for FC5 and the other modes in TR) but there's only so much time to spare.

Not really looking forward to Red Dead TBH, as I never really fully got into GTA5, and some of the negative opinions of Red Dead on here aren't exactly getting my hopes up.

RDR2 is magnificent, if a little more difficult to get into than the original. The extras are far less distracting than GTA5, the challenges are only really mandatory for the first 3-4 levels (the returns diminish later on) and the story is strong enough to make up for the niggles.

Don't bother with FC5's add-ons as nothing stood out to me when I played them (the story is also weak), I haven't done Rise's modes or Shadow's yet.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, seph said:

Don't bother with FC5's add-ons as nothing stood out to me when I played them (the story is also weak), I haven't done Rise's modes or Shadow's yet.

I played some of the first DLC campaign for FC5 (the Vietnam one) and it was just stripped down Far Cry mechanics, nothing more. Easy to play but short on actual substance. They feel like something I should've played as and when they were released.

Thanks for the heads up on Red Dead. I never played the first one, and I only have the sequel because I traded in a bunch of DVD's in CEX and thought "Why not?".

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

some of the negative opinions of Red Dead on here aren't exactly getting my hopes up.

Eh? This place loves RDR2 on the whole, see the thread. It's an amazing game.

It's a stunning game to look at, I just found it dull as hell to travel around. When I have to travel on horseback for ten minutes to get from one mission to the next, then go back to base-camp for the next one with no fast-travel... I lost interest rather quickly. I've been playing Horizon Chase Turbo, which has been oodles more fun.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Eh? This place loves RDR2 on the whole, see the thread. It's an amazing game.

It's mainly recent comments that I've seen bounced around. A lot of praise, and a high placement in the UKFF 50, are all great signs but some smatterings of negativity here and there. That, and my disappointment in GTA5, are making RDR2 feel like that film that everyone loves apart from a few sharp jabs from critics. I'll be out to make up my own mind though.