WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I'll finally be able to get through Heavy Rain. I hear Detroit isn't great but I'll probably give it a look. 

My Xbox One has died.  With over a year until the next console generation I'm not sure whether to buy a 2nd hander to replace it, buy a 2nd hand PS3 for a year or just go without for 12 months.

I'd love to get a Switch but it doesn't play DVDs.

• Paid Members

I think it depends on what model of PS3 you're after. The later ones are cheaper and tend to have bigger hard drives, but the older ones which cost more and have smaller hard drives are backwards compatible with the PS2. 

Anyone tried this game rental service?

https://www.boomerangrentals.co.uk/

I remember LoveFilm used to offer the same service, but didn't realise this sort of thing still existed. I've signed up to the free trial and already had a couple of games out of it. Delivery is really quick too (next day), and the rental prices aren't bad at all. It's a good option if you get through games quite quickly.

Edited by Steve Justice

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Steve Justice said:

Anyone tried this game rental service?

https://www.boomerangrentals.co.uk/

I remember LoveFilm used to offer the same service, but didn't realise this sort of thing still existed. I've signed up to the free trial and already had a couple of games out of it. Delivery is really quick too (next day), and the rental prices aren't bad at all. It's a good option if you get through games quite quickly.

I’ve been with them a while. Great for trying games you’re unsure about as if they’re shite you just send them back.

• Paid Members

I bought a Switch over the weekend! Couldn't wait it out any longer as I was getting impatient with missing flash-deals and waiting for eBay to hold their voucher sales.

I picked up the Switch+Zelda+£30 e-shop voucher deal for £309 from Currys...only they fucked up and gave me the wrong console, so I don't have the free credit. They're escalating the case and I'll probably just get a £30 refund, but if that fails I'll have to return it for an exchange (which will be well shit as apparently stock on these free-voucher consoles is getting quiet low).